ken@splatfrog.com

Password protection

ken@splatfrog.com

I am currently experimenting with various "membership" plug-ins, in order to have exclusive password protected pages for certain members. However, all of these seem to use the "wordpress content" section to block un-registered user access. This leaves all of the other Pagelines sections and extentions exposed.

Is there a way to password protect the entire page and all of its content, including the Pagelines parts?

Andrew

hmmm, well i'd assume there would be a simple membership plugin that would block based on page id? 

ken@splatfrog.com

Yeah, I would assume to too. But Pagelines does not have an extension that does this. And regular WP plugins only protect the "content" area. A conundrum.

Andrew

There must be something out there, that said membership plugins are difficult to do a good job with. Its also pretty easy to code this up yourself with a quick hook. 

e.g. if( NOT 'user is logged in and has correct status' && page id = 123) then don't  show it or redirect

ken@splatfrog.com

Yeah, a redirect of some sort may be the best route. Thanks Andrew. Enjoying the platform otherwise :)