Sign in to follow this  
oliversommerliveloungede

Problem with iBlogPro settings after update

oliversommerliveloungede

Dear all, since yesterday I have a real problem with blog. It is completely messed up in the following way. 1. All custom settings are gone in iBlogPro configuration 2. It is impossible to set the page template. It always switches back to default 3. Design has reset to default and navigation is not showing (configuration cannot be saved) 4. On the comment area there are strange html snippets like below. You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> ` <del datetime="">  <i> <q cite="">   </p>

Before the problems appeared I have done the following things. 1. Update WP to 3.0.3 -> The first problems apeared 2. Update iBlogPro to the newest version -> The problems got even worse. I tried to restore everything and tried the upgrade in every possible way. (the database/firesystem/WP Upgraded or not/iBlogPro update or not) In any cases the problems got back. Sometimes it looked first ok, but when I tried to change settings in iBlogPro all entries are lost and I am not able to fill anything anymore. Hopefully someone has a hint or solution for me. ;-( How can I update both and having still my "old" settings? I have put my blog now in "Maintenance mode" for the meantime. Thank you and BR OS

cmunns

Do you have a link to your site where we can see what's going on? (must be able bypass maintenance mode to see)

oliversommerliveloungede

Hi Adam, thanks for your help. I decided now to do a complete refresh and install everything from scratch. Cheers

oliversommerliveloungede

Hi Catrina, thanks a lot. No I do not need any assistance with this as I have now setup my blog completely new. I opened reopened another post as I have a different problem now. :-) Thanks and cheers Oliver

bryan-hadaway

For anyone following along we highly recommend backing everything up first before and upgrade and when upgrading use a different folder name for the new folder version - that way you can switch back if you need to and you won't have overwritten anything. Thanks, Bryan