Sign in to follow this  
dobartuinvitukcom

Modify feature page with Carousel below twitter feed iblog3

dobartuinvitukcom

Hi All, Im a long time user of iblog3 and regularly spend time on the forums however this is my first post as most of my answers are found by searching around. On this issue however i am unable to find a resolution. I am building a simply customer facing site specifically for our google apps reseller customers. its so simple infact i only use the feature page template, the blog posts are standard pages. I simply want to add the flickrss Carousel to the feature page below the twitter feed and above the feature boxes. I want to use this as a method of showing logos of clients who have already joined us. I wanted to upload the logos to a flikr account and have the thumbnails show on my site. Finally i wanted the thumbnails to point to a specific client biography page on my site and not the actual uploaded image in flickr. Any help would be amazing. FYI the only custom css i have going on is: #footer, #morefoot{display:none} my site can be seen without the "www" at the temp address http://vitlive.com Thanks in advance

cmunns

I would probably use the NextGen Gallery instead as that's easier to setup external links with when using the carousel. Since you are on iBlogPro3 can you locate a similar line in your header.php ? `<?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) && VPRO) get_template_part ('core/inits/init_carousel');?>` It may say require_once or something like that instead of get_template_part

dobartuinvitukcom

Hi cmunns, Thanks for taking the time to reply. The code you entered is slightly diff in my iblog header.php file

<!-- Javascript -->
	<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo JS_FOLDER;?>/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.js"></script>

<!-- Modules w/ Javascript -->
	<?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_carousel.php');?>

<?php if((is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-stdpage.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-full.php')) && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_feature.php');?>

<?php if(pagelines('enable_drop_down') && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_dropdown.php');?>

<script type="text/javascript">

Should i modify something? thanks again

bryan-hadaway

Developer help continued tomorrow. Thanks, Bryan

dobartuinvitukcom

Hi Bryan, Sorry ive not heard anything sine your last post? i hoped you or someone could help me further? Thanks

bryan-hadaway

Apologies for the wait. Forwarded to developers. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Yes, step one is to make this line `<?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_carousel.php');?>` look like this `<?php if((is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_carousel.php');?>`

dobartuinvitukcom

hi cmunns, thanks for the reply, im afraid this didnt work :( I changed the code in the header file as mentioned however my landing page (feature page default) does not show the carousel? www.vitlive.com is the URL to see this. Should i enable something else to go with this code? Thanks

cmunns

Yes I know it should work yet. Step 2 is this: Open up page-feature.php (which is your feature page template) and between the call to template_feature and template_fboxes create a call to template_carousel using the same format as the other two lines. For example it should be something similar to this... `require_once (PRO . '/template_carousel.php');`