jeomiland

Divi background scrolling effect using Pl5?

jeomiland

Hey, Am trying to recreate the section background and upper menu section effects of sites: http://reneecoleman.net/ or http://so-heart.com/ They use the Divi theme. Notice how the backgrounds change per section, and the foreground content for each section seems to scroll against the stationary background of that section. Then as you scroll further to a new content area, the new area's background is revealed, replacing the former, as you continue to scroll. Is this "proprietory" to Divi or can we do it in Pl5? Also I like the way the header navigation area has some animation - it shrinks as you start to scroll and disappears, then as you scroll more, it comes back into view in a minimal format. How can we do this sort of thing in PL5?. A lot of the examples people have posted in the Showcase thread have the appearance of a long, static page that scrolls. I like how the examples above really give you a feel that each section has its own character with an interesting "reveal effect", not just a long, scrolling page. Would love feedback on how to create that "Divi" effect in PL5!

Ok, just stumbled upon iheartpagelines.com and see mention of the headroom.js, so maybe that's part of my answer, still please do let me know what you guys have found!

thanks guys...

Andrew

Have you tried the LAX section yet? Should be close to what you're looking for. 

Also there are some template sections that are close to the sites you mention as well

jeomiland

thanks Andrew. Kindly advise which "template sections that are close to the sites you mention as well"?