Sign in to follow this  
aequator

Boxes/ Soapboxes formatting from demo site

aequator

Hi there, I would like the boxes on my site (http://aequator.goedgehost.nl/) to be like yours on the demo site (http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/features). I'm talking about the "Advanced fonts/Base theme/" etc. part. So how do I get 4 soapboxes on a row, or how do I get the image of my 4 boxes to be on top. I'm guessing as you've succeeded, it's probably possible :). I'm using Platform Pro.

Kate

@Lars Changing the number of boxes can be done in "Settings->Box Settings". As for the display of the text and images... try this:

.fboxgraphic{}
	.fboxinfo{background:orange;float:left;}

The first style is empty, but modifying it will change the image styles. (For instance if you want to move it over, etc.) The second one will take care of the text appearing below the image.

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, well... first you do indeed want to use soapboxes instead of feature boxes, so switch that over first and then let us know. Thanks, Bryan

aequator

Got it. And now how do I put 4 next to eachother? I know that the text is a little long but the read-more stopped working yesterday (website-wide) when I redirected the home page to a static page.

cmunns

On the page you provided there are two sections being utilized. Soapbox section on top (2-wide, which doesn't change)...then 4 wide normal boxes underneath which is more configurable. Does that help clarify?

aequator

@cmunns Okay, so I have to use boxes then. But when I use boxes the images appear on the left of the text and title. I want the image to be centred above the text, exactly as on the demo page. And can I achieve the subtitle as in the example boxes on http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/features? But @Bryan just told me to use soapboxes for that. What's it gonna be? ;)

brainskills

Greetings, How do I change the size of soap boxes or boxes for example I want a box on the left side to be 600px by 315px then on the right side 3 boxes stacked each box at 340px by 100px.The 600px box will contain text and a large image. The stacked images are buttons that will go to another page. Hope this makes sense. I can't make the boxes work. The only way I could make this work is if I customize the page in css. Thanks in advance, WC

catrina

To accomplish that, you will need to make sure that the 600x315 box has its own CSS class and the 340x100 boxes have their own CSS class (since the style of these boxes are controlled by the same CSS, which prevents the box sizes from working out the way you want them to). The CSS for the 600x315 box would be

.fboxinfo {width: 600px;}
and the 340x100 box would be styled
.fboxinfo {width: 340px;}

. The only thing is, one of these needs to be labeled something other than "fboxinfo" for either to work correctly.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

aequator

@cmunns and @bryan any suggestions yet? I have a concept presentation tuesday morning and to fix these things are quite crucial for the layout.

cmunns

Lars, Add the following CSS to get your boxes straightened out `.fboxinfo {clear:both;}` `.fboxgraphic {margin-left:20%;}` (could be cleaner, but I think the last update messed up the centering of this element) Also, use the selector `h4.subhead` to get the subtitle on any h4 element.

aequator

It looks perfect now! Thanks for the help guys! For the record, I used boxes in the end. Cmunns, I'll give you some karma ;)