kwaoru

Problem with responsive function

kwaoru

Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.

I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.

However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 

Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?

2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

kwaoru

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply. 

If you have the time, please have a look at the website and compare to how it looks on a smartphone. I have checked on Iphone and Windows phone, and it looks like a total mess. Do you think it can be fixed somehow?

http://riseinc.jp/

Thanks a lot!

kwaoru

Hi again, 

I really wish somebody could help me out with this. The responsiveness is not working out at all, and I'm not exactly proficient with coding. 

Is there any way to deactivate mobile responsive function????

Please?

kwaoru
On 24/03/2017 at 6:05 PM, Andrew said:

I'd have to know more about the specifics of what you need but i assume could write a few custom CSS rules with responsive media sizes... 

https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/

I tried adding this css that you recommended, it helped with optimizing the general width on mobile but the header and the scrolling menu are still not working. I want the header to adjust its size (height and width) automatically. I tried adding this to fix the header:

/* Resize Background*/

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {

#header{

width: 100%;

height: auto;

background-size: 100% auto !important;

}

}

Unfortunately it doesnt work, nothing changes at all. Regarding the menu (the one that follows when you scroll down) it's a total mess and I have no idea what to do with it. Please help!

Andrew

Not sure the selector you're using is the right one.. you have to make sure it is being applied, then after that it is a matter of hierarchy and simply using CSS correctly

kwaoru
On 29/03/2017 at 6:57 PM, Andrew said:

Not sure the selector you're using is the right one.. you have to make sure it is being applied, then after that it is a matter of hierarchy and simply using CSS correctly

Hi, thanks for your reply. I know how to use the basic features of DMS, and can figure out how to do some simple CSS tricks. However I feel kind of lost on this issue, so unfortunately your advice doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm really in desperate need of some explain-it-like-i'm-five guidance. So... if I may ask, what is a selector, how do I apply it, what would be the correct hierarchy and use of CSS in this particular case?