Sign in to follow this  
drmarkshrinkinaboxcom

how to remove the line and space at the top of a banner

drmarkshrinkinaboxcom

When I add a banner there as a faint horizontal line and about an inch of space that appears below the content area and above the banner. Is it possible to eliminate the line and the extra space so that the banner appears immediately below the content to maintain a connected flow for the reader?

bryan-hadaway

Let's get a link. Thanks, Bryan

drmark

Hi Bryan, Here's a sample page: http://www.shrinkinabox.com/test Actually, I'd like to have the banner content line up with the main content, but I could figure out how to do that (I want to attach the banner content to the bottom of several pages and be able to change the price easily if I want). Also, if I make a sidebar appear on the right side of the page, the banner drops farther down the page to bottom of the sidebar. I also tried using a content sidebar instead of a banner, but the shortcode used to display the shopping cart buttons does not work in the content sidebar. Thanks, Mark

Kate

@drmark You'd like to remove the black line at the top, correct? Add this to your CSS:

body{border-top-width:0px !important;}

drmark

Actually, not the black line at the top. It's the light grey line and the large space above the banner (which begins at the words "Place your 100% secure order below". Also, I'd like to have the banner content line up with the main content above it, but I could not figure out how to do that.

bryan-hadaway

Looks like you may have gotten this sorted already? Thanks, Bryan

drmark

Not really. I did manage to get the text lined up by using a content sidebar instead of a banner. However, do you see the grey line above the text "Place your 100% secure order below"? How do I get rid of that light grey line and the space beneath it? Thanks.

catrina

I see it on Firefox. To remove it, add this to the base.css file in the child theme (Platform Base):

#theloop {border-bottom: 0px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

phxreguy

To remove the gray line, add this to you custom CSS: #primary-nav #nav_row { border-bottom: medium none; }

phxreguy

Sorry. Try this: .fpost { border-bottom: medium none; margin-bottom: 1.6em; } You can also make the 1.6em smaller to close the gap between the content and the "Shrink in a Box" offer.

watto1981

Hi, I've got a similar problem, where I'd like to remove the grey line underneath the main navigation bar, and also between some of the sections and boxes. I've tried inserting the CSS code that Jay kindly wrote but didnt seem to work, here is the link. http://www.elementary-agency.com/Elementary/ Thnaks Nick