Sign in to follow this  
Houston Haynes

Project Nami support?

Houston Haynes

I've just looked into prospects of deploying Wordpress into Azure. Fortunately, there's a fork of WP already to serve that need. One of the caveats they mention on the projects "About" page is

Project Nami has a single initial goal — to teach WordPress to natively speak T-SQL while maintaining full compatibility with properly written plugins and themes.  This is an important item to note.  Any plugin, theme, or function written to access the database via the WordPress API will operate normally.  Only those items which attempt fully built MySQL queries will fail.  Thanks to our inclusion of a fallback translation layer, many plugins which directly execute MySQL-specific syntax will work.  This puts us in the unique position of being able to declare that all WordPress features we have tested are operating as expected.  Import, export, paging, multisite… virtually every item which has not functioned in prior SQL Server attempts is operating.

I'm curious to know whether anyone has deployed PL5 into an Azure-hosted instance of Wordpress, and whether there were any caveats, issues, etc. Thanks!

Andrew

Hey there Houston, 

I just dealt with WordPress inside of Google Cloud Hosting and it was sort of a nightmare for various reasons... at any level, they kinda force you to build everything from scratch and everything is harder than it would otherwise be in a WordPress hosting shop. 

My recommend is to use a host that just does WordPress, (PL is on Kinsta) and that way you save a lot of time and frustration ... my $.02