claudedagenais

default-image.png

claudedagenais

Hi,

How can I change the default-image.png (or jpg) in the setting. I don't see it... To change it I had to change the file at .../wp-content/plugins/pl-platform/engine/ui/images/default-image.png

Tx

• Like 1

Andrew

Try under "appearance" > "customize" > "site images" ?

claudedagenais

Nope. I have in there Default Logo, Default Icon & Site Default Image ID (don't really know what this last one does) but even if I select an image for all of them if I have a post without a featured image I'm getting the default-image.png shown. I would like to customize this. Tx.

Andrew

Are you using an SEO plugin like Yoast? They set your images for you... 

Within PageLines, all the global images are set under 'site images' in the admin settings panels.

claudedagenais

Yoast doesn't set the featured image of a post, does it? Anyhow this is not a big thing, I replaced the physical default image and also set the Site Default Image ID and I'm fine. 

Tx

Audun MB

Have the exact same issue, and replacing the image is not a fix as it would be lost with an update. 

Is this what Site Default Image ID is supposed to be, i.e. the image that shows if there's no Featured image set? That would be nice.

And Yoast SEO overrides this? How? Can you fix it, because "everyone" uses Yoast SEO?

claudedagenais

I have not seen anything in Yoast SEO that overrides the default image. The only solution that I found was to replace the image. I understand that it will be lost in updates. That is why I was looking for a solution too.

Andrew

If you guys are using Yoast i suggest that they are the ones doing this, we at PageLines have been using this plugin but it seems like they've hidden some of this stuff or made it 'pro' ... confusing 

claudedagenais

Fair enough. I will test this tomorrow on a staging site without Yoast and will report back.

• Like 1

Audun MB
14 hours ago, Andrew said:

If you guys are using Yoast i suggest that they are the ones doing this, we at PageLines have been using this plugin but it seems like they've hidden some of this stuff or made it 'pro' ... confusing 

Deactivating Yoast doesn't solve this.

What Yoast does is that it sets a default image for social media sharing (og:image/Twitter cards), it never interfered with Featured images AFAIK. 

claudedagenais

I did a test this morning with a site that never had Yoast installed and when I set the default images it has no effect on the default image displayed in the website pages. I share @Audun MB observation that Yoast  sets a default image for social media sharing but it is not what governs the default images displayed in Pagelines.  

Andrew

note that much of the social sharing stuff is cached on Facebook et al. 

claudedagenais

Andrew we are not talking about the social media images. We are talking about the default image that is shown throughout the sites. The image that is attached that can be found at ..wp-content/pl-platform/engine/ui/images/default-image.jpg 

I know how to change the image for the social media and how to clear the cache for Facebook. But this has notting to do with social media. 

We would like to change the default image that is shown IN our websites. And your setting are not allowing us to do this.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

default-image.png

• Like 1

Andrew

Isn't there an option for this under 'site images' in the PageLines settings panels?

claudedagenais

He no?

Audun MB
13 hours ago, Andrew said:

Isn't there an option for this under 'site images' in the PageLines settings panels?

This?

4657324326387712.png?k=LOeOGXrBAnUH5WDeVBeJmFb0fcw

As suggested above, I thought this was to replace the default image, but it doesn't. So maybe it simply doesn't work...

Andrew

wow, you're actually correct, there was a typo in the name of the option. I've patched this and it should be in the next version of PL5

• Like 2

Andrew

CORRECTION next update to the Framework

• Like 1

claudedagenais

Thank you Andrew!