dbrowne02

unable to deactivate DMS Breadcrumb NavXT plugin version 1.0 by Simple Mama

dbrowne02

Hi, I am unable to deactivate this plugin. When I click on deactivate, I get this message "Plugin deactivated" but the plugin is still marked as active. Any ideas how to deactivate? 

dbrowne02

Also, which one should be used? 

DMS Breadcrumb NavXT

Display post and page breadcrumbs for reader and SEO benefit. This section requires that the Breadcrumb NavXT Wordpress plugin be installed and creates a seamless integration with PageLines DMS. For PageLines DMS only.

Version 1.0 | By Simple Mama
Breadcrumb NAV for WordPress SEO by Yoast

Built for WordPress SEO by Yoast - this section will display breadcrumb navigation for better usability and SEO benefit. It requires the installation of the plugin "WordPress SEO" by Yoast and creates a PageLines DMS section that can be placed via drag & drop.

Version 1.0 | By Online Profiler

Andrew

Easiest way to delete a plugin that gives you issues like that is to use SFTP to actually go in a simply delete the plugin files. Nothing they can do to stop that! :P

dbrowne02

Sorry, but what do you mean by using SFTP? Can you please explain that? Also, which one should be used? 

Andrew

I personally use an app for Mac called Transmit, SFTP allows you to log into your server and view the actual files on it. Its a simple process and your host can help you set up.

dbrowne02

Hi, thanks. Which of the two plugins should be used? One is by simple mama. The other is by online profiler. 

Andrew

I'd go with the online profiler one, but its tough to say without knowing the details... thats the art of WP design :P