ianmcn

PlatfformPro Upgrade

5 posts in this topic

I have recently taken over the support of a Wordpress site using PlatformPro. I understand that this is no longer a supported product and would like to know what upgrade options are open to me.  Specifically, if I were to download and install the latest PageLines product (Platform5?) what would be the cost and if I were to then select that as the template to use would I need to rebuild the pages of the site or is there some degree of upwards compatibility?

Any advice would be welcome.

Hi @ianmcn,

You can download Platform 5 and try it out for free through the WordPress repository.

You can find the cost here for pro activation here https://www.pagelines.com/pricing/.

Going forward because Platform 5 is a plugin it can run along side other themes as a page builder. In most cases each page will have to redone one at a time.

This forum is a great spot to ask questions if you run into issues.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Thanks Aires. Just so I understand - would I leave PlatformPro as the selected theme having installed the plugin, or switch to a standard WordPress Them like TwentyFifteen? 

If I install the plug in would the installation affect the existing site or could I just experiment page by page?

Sorry if my questions appear dumb - I'm a real newbie. 

you can use it with PlatformPro and transfer things over as you like... 

Thanks Andrew. Understood.