gstrahle

Impulse

gstrahle

I am having issues getting my impulse slider to play the background video on mobile device..

I click the play button and nothing happens...

please help..

http://plpcc.org

*please view on mobile device

Thanks

Andrew

Mobile devices and background videos aren't compatible and normally don't work. This is because appropriate UX for mobile is to help conserve data usage and so on.. HTML5 videos wont work without a manual user action.

gstrahle

I see the play button when loading on mobile device but when I click it, it will not play..  when I add a secondary impulse and hide the original using css to display a non video background I also get errors.. it seems that impulse has always been semi buggy in general..

if you could please give me advice on how to achieve this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

HTML5 videos and sliders on mobile can definitely be difficult. I can take a look, can you post a screenshot? 

Andrew

i think the best we could do is hide the play button with CSS, what you are seeing is the default behavior of HTML5 video on mobile devices.

gstrahle

it displays with a button to play but the button will not click or play the video..

Thanks