dhrose

Platfprm5/DMS

dhrose

I've had a license for DMS for ages and have used it for a couple sites. I recently loaded Platform 5 and I've been looking at it to see what's what. So, is this an add on to DMS? To add features or something else... I didn't see any videos on how to get started using this in the account info? Thanks.  

Andrew

Sup!

Ya it a plugin so you can use it w DMS or with one of the new frameworks. Makes it easier to migrate

Ap

dhrose

O.K. I switched to the Framework theme and things have changed obviously. I was using DMS and Platform 5 at the same time which was showing the 2 interfaces and kind of screwed up. I'm developing this in MAMP so I'm trying to familiarize myself with changes... Questions:

1. Where is the custom css code (per page) in the new interface?

2. I see where the fonts are added but if I add multiple fonts, I only het one to show up? I'm copying the url's from google fonts?

3. Is there a child theme available for download or do I have to make one?

Thanks!

Aires

Hi @dhrose,

I hope I dont bore you with all of this but I will do my best to explain.

You can use DMS and PL5 together but you cannot have both editor active at the same time.

Currently there is no per page CSS plugin. There is a CSS/LESS plugin that can be download from the extend library.

Google Fonts

When working google fonts it is best to choose are the fonts you wish to use so that they are added to the same script. And then all you would need to do is add the css for the fonts in the style boxes.

Child Theme

There is a child theme called Pagelines.com that can be downloaded from the extension area. Some things to note about that particular theme is that if it is updated by PageLines you will loose in styles in your stylesheet so it is best to rename the child theme folder. Another option would be to use a basic one that I created located here. Not everyone is comfortable with FTP into your server to change files names. 

There was a link where you can download pagelines.com but I cant find it.

Hope this helps. 

2 fonts.png

font css.png

• Like 1

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

dhrose

Thanks for the reply. It does seem Platform is missing some of the best aspects of DMS, but I do like the interface and it seems to be working pretty well. I am missing the custom css adds to pages/posts but I downloaded the child theme so I can do it that way. more work. The page templates was always a pain in DMS but I don't see any way to save templates in Platform? It appears you have to customize all pages... or use the 4-5 that are provided, unless I'm missing something.

On the Google fonts, I have them loaded correctly, but the Flick slider I was testing seems to want to use the body font not the H1, H2 fonts for some reason... Hmmm. Not much customization in some of the sections.    

Simon
41 minutes ago, dhrose said:

The page templates was always a pain in DMS but I don't see any way to save templates in Platform?

There is a templates extension available for PL5.