wood3e2@gmail.com

Video at top of page

wood3e2@gmail.com

Hi, 

Can anyone help show me how I can insert a full width video at the top of my homepage? 

See here: https://screencast.com/t/cJAvnKLTLb

When I try to clone the current block and then try and add a video it doesn't seem to work, see here: https://screencast.com/t/RSrNgfyFA

I don't seem to be able to embed a video from Youtube? Or is it I need to upload an mp4 video rather than embed?

Andrew

have you tried integrating the new PL5 tools with DMS? its free and has new stuff you can use to add videos and so on. 

Have you tried a simple HTML embed section for this and youtube embed code?

wood3e2@gmail.com

Hi, 

But there is only upload? So it doesn't seem to be an embed mode...I did try. I am happy to try again. 

The client was sold the Pagelines editor/framework some years ago.  So have no access to upgrades or the licence as she is no longer speaking to the previous developer.  Plus I think the theme was from a 'former' pagelines operative, who pagelines are no longer talking to.  

So, it seems without a complete upgrade/change of theme the client is stuck with the version she has got. 

Andrew

Yes, there is a way to embed in DMS, and you can easily download the new PL5 stuff from the my account page on PageLines.com ... its free and you just add it as a plugin.

wood3e2@gmail.com

Actually I have just uploaded using a 'Header' and it works, but only if I have already uploaded the video the WP media Library. 

It deosn't seem to allow for embedding? Any ideas?