micstepl

[Solved] Slow page ressources

micstepl

When user, calling a PL-WEB-Site ... ist daramatically slow in some cases

• why is PL5 offering all ressourcesfrom the WP-directory
    • wich Works fine (Speed)
    • eg. ... SITE-URL/wp-content/uploads/image.jpg
  • >>>> except these from eg. Pins, Post-Loop, etc ???
    • the later one get downloaded form a URL  ... SITE-URL/Download/image.jpg 
    • these slow down pageload time
  • try and analyze with

Simon

example?

Also, please stop using bulleted lists and coloured text, it makes you post totally unreadable.

micstepl
On 20.1.2017 at 0:55 PM, Simon said:

example?

Also, please stop using bulleted lists and coloured text, it makes you post totally unreadable.

if there is an issue with bullet-lists and color, please eliminate the format function - I suggest.

Edited by micstepl (see edit history)

micstepl
On 20.1.2017 at 0:55 PM, Simon said:

example?

Example: www.dersteiner.cc

- see the two Post-Loop Images.

- see the screenshot attached (from https://gtmetrix.com/)

screenshot.png

Simon
14 hours ago, micstepl said:

if there is an issue with bullet-lists and color, please eliminate the format function - I suggest.

We are not about to disable a basic editor function because you cant use it.

Im afraid that image is quite useless, Without the url how am i to test the site at all?

micstepl
6 hours ago, Simon said:

We are not about to disable a basic editor function because you cant use it.

Im afraid that image is quite useless, Without the url how am i to test the site at all?

I mentioned my site above: http://www.dersteiner.cc

br & thanks in advance

micstepl
14 hours ago, Simon said:

The page appears to be waiting for this to load, and it errors out.

https://cl.ly/40150N3j2g2N

Some sort of security plugin.

I disabled WordFence .... still the same problem.
Why is PL downloading images from /download/   ?

I did another test: It seems a LOOPS is causing one Part of the speed issue + JOURNEY the other part (see test page: http://www.dersteiner.cc/dersteinerspeed-test/

Simon

You must have had your media storage set to downloads folder instead of the default uploads folder. This isnt anything PL5 would ever do.

micstepl
1 hour ago, Simon said:

You must have had your media storage set to downloads folder instead of the default uploads folder. This isnt anything PL5 would ever do.

No, I have not done that (and in my opinion nowhere)
- See, that ALL the rest of images come from ... /wp-content/uploads/ ...
- Only the Images form LOOPS, PINS, etc. that come from a "Post View" are from ... /downloads/ ... 

Comment @ ... /downloads/ ...  
This is a non existent directory in FTP + This causes the issues.

Simon

PL5 has never used images from a downloads directory.

micstepl
1 minute ago, Simon said:

PL5 has never used images from a downloads directory.

how can we solve this? Seems to be an issue.

Simon

Well if the images are the posts thumbnails, then go to each post and update the image url.

PL5 would never invent a directory for images, you must have used that url at some point.

micstepl
30 minutes ago, Simon said:

Well if the images are the posts thumbnails, then go to each post and update the image url.

PL5 would never invent a directory for images, you must have used that url at some point.

I have checked all relevant post-images on my site.

They rside all in folder ... /wp-content/uploads/ ... !

Simon

The image is in a post loop right? Its the featured image set in the wordpress post editor. You need to click on the image there and change the url

micstepl
11 hours ago, Simon said:

The image is in a post loop right? Its the featured image set in the wordpress post editor. You need to click on the image there and change the url

The image is in a post-loop section (or pins-section).
The featured image set in the wordpress in each single post in post editor. The image path is ... /wp-content/uploads/ ...

When calling the site it is called form  ... /downloads/ ...  which is a non existent directory, when looking via FTP
(I have already remonde the old Demo section. See now same issue at http://www.dersteiner.cc/kunden/edu/)

Simon

You must have some kind of "optimize" type of plugin changing the urls for some reason?

I really have no idea, PageLines would never change media urls, and certainly never use "downloads".

Cant think why anyone would even want to do that.

micstepl
15 hours ago, Simon said:

You must have some kind of "optimize" type of plugin changing the urls for some reason?

I really have no idea, PageLines would never change media urls, and certainly never use "downloads".

Cant think why anyone would even want to do that.

@Simon thanks for giving me the right hint. I searched all plugins and identified the problem. It was Media-Protection, Set in Membership2 - which  I disabled. THANKS a lot for your support !!!!

Simon

Ahhh glad you found the plugin.