roryorr

Site editor not loading with Platform 5 plugin activated

roryorr

The website is www.bonitabonita.com.au

error.JPG

roryorr

I don't get it, why is it not coming up that there's an update available when checking plugins like all the others??

Simon
1 hour ago, roryorr said:

I don't get it, why is it not coming up that there's an update available when checking plugins like all the others??

No idea, I tested that version earlier in a sandbox and it showed an updated to the latest version on wordpress.org

Do you have the DMS updater plugin active? Try deactivating it if you do.

roryorr

I have the Pagelines updater, deactivated and reactivated and no difference. 

Can I get you login details to take a quick look?

Simon

2 ways round this.

1. Download the plugin from wordpress.org then extract it and upload the contents via sftp to your plugins directory.
  2. In wp-admin, deactivate then delete the plugin, then reinstall via the plugins add new page.

roryorr

Deleted the plugin then go to install it and get this:

Pagelines.JPG

Simon

The plugin is hosted on wordpress.org not by us. Can you install any other plugin? Have you tried downloading the plugin from wordpress.org and installing the zip?

roryorr

Yes I can install other plugins, and all other plugins show updates when they're available, this is the only one that does not. Why is that?

roryorr

I'm lost here Simon, the plugin is already installed and in use. I can't uninstall it or I will lose hours of work. I can't simply update it because it does not give me that option. It just sits there as Version 5.0.138 as if everything is fine and no updates exist.

DMS 2 is active, however the editor will not load. 

The Pagelines Updater plugin is installed and active. 

What is the solution?

Simon

deactivate the pl updater, it is ONLY for dms.

Download the latest zip from wordpress.org https://wordpress.org/plugins/pl-platform/

Extract the zip locally, then upload the files via sftp to your server in the pl-platform folder.

roryorr

Yes I built the site using DMS, then I added Platform 5 and used that to redesign the header and footer. All was working fine, still looks fine when not logged in, however I cannot view the editor and make changes. 

Does that make sense? What should I do??

Andrew

Catching up here, what are your errors or issues now that everything is up to date,etc.?

roryorr

Hi Andrew, I can't load the site editor. I built the website using DMS, added in Platform 5 and used it to rebuild the header and footer. The site is visible to the public, however I cannot load the editor to make changes. 

I need to make some menu changes and I don't want to lose any of the work I've done. What should I do?

Andrew

plugin conflict? @roryorr are you having JS errors?

roryorr

Can it be a plugin conflict when the site is loading for customers to see?

I have tried deactivating the plugins and activating one at a time but no luck. There is some issue with Platform 5 it seems. Or are Simon's assessments above incorrect?

roryorr

Can I create a login for you guys Andrew and have someone check it out? This seems to be dragging out too long this way.

Simon
2 hours ago, roryorr said:

Can it be a plugin conflict when the site is loading for customers to see?

I have tried deactivating the plugins and activating one at a time but no luck. There is some issue with Platform 5 it seems. Or are Simon's assessments above incorrect?

1 hour ago, roryorr said:

Can I create a login for you guys Andrew and have someone check it out? This seems to be dragging out too long this way.

You need to update the plugin, you are using a very very old version.

roryorr

I'd appreciate it if I could just liaise with the one person please guys. 

Simon am I able to create a login for you to check it out?

If I delete the plugin and then re-upload the latest zip won't I lose all of the work associated with it??

Simon
4 hours ago, roryorr said:

If I delete the plugin and then re-upload the latest zip won't I lose all of the work associated with it??

No, all settings are in the database.

trevor

@roryorr I am stuck in this same situation and problem as well; it has been this way since July 2016. I am a Pro member with two sites, both built with DMS 2.2.4 and Platform 5 plugin running. The sites are with two different hosting services and both experience the same problem: I never get notifications of Platform 5 updates, and the Page Editor stops loading when the updates get behind, and I can't edit the site. I have to go to the Pagelines Platform 5 download page, download the latest version (which downloads as a folder, so then I zip it before taking the next step; I don't know if I have to do that, but WP dashboard seems to ask for the zipped files), deactivate and delete the Platform 5 plugin in the dashboard, then manually install the updated download through WP dashboard "Add plugin." That does fix it, but this routine is getting old. I don't know what to do. (I do not have the Pagelines Updater installed.)

Edited by trevor (see edit history)

Andrew

@trevor are you having that problem now?

trevor

I just finally got around to downloading the latest Platform 5 update today, and it had been a while since the last time I'd done that, so I guess I won't know until there's a new update and I either do or don't get a notification in my dashboard. Is there any other way to get an alert when an update is released?

roryorr

Ok thanks Simon, now uploaded and working fine. 

Like Trevor I'm interested to know whether this will be an ongoing issue?

Cheers! Rory