Luke

Install package not available. PageLines Framework

Luke

Hi I am trying to install the PageLines Framework theme but I get the following error "Install package not available".

I can't find anywhere to download it so I can install manually. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am not aware of the site being behind any firewalls.

Simon

Some shared hosts block all out going connections, the do allow connections to wordpress.org to install themes and plugins.

You can install the theme using this link: http://deploy.pagelines.io/build/pl-framework.zip

I am not aware of the site being behind any firewalls.

If you are on a shared host, chances are they have some sort of firewall in place. If you do not know then the chances are you are on shared hosting.

Please see the readme for further info: 

• Like 1

Luke

Thanks I've been able to install it now using that file.

I'm on a managed VPS server and I've not had any issues on this server before installing PL5.

All sorted now though. Is there anywhere I could have located the file to install this theme without having to ask in the forums? It would probably be useful for other users if the theme was accessible from within their pagelines account. The support docs say it should be available but I could not find it anywhere.

Simon

Yea the theme should install via the one click button in the admin area. It works 99.9% of the time, but something in your vps setup was stopping it.

Have you tried installing any of the extensions? Im guessing you will have the same issues there as well.