John Olsson

Shortcodes doesn't render

John Olsson

Hello, I'm running CSS Hero together with pagelines, and it works great, but all of a sudden, when starting PL5 editing mode, all the shordcodes does NOT render, same thing when activating CSS Hero editing mode.

Is this some kind of update, in that case it's really not good... For me.. :) Any ideas about this?

Simon

This was introduced in 5.1 as a feature.

We had so many support requests from people with zany shortcodes that use javascript to display all kinds of stuff, of course nine times out of ten it crashed the builder so it was easier to only render them with the editor off.

John Olsson

Ah, ok. Understand, do'h it's crucial for us, could you add a filter/option that I can add to function.php to override it and render. Should be a good thing maybe? :)

Simon
10 hours ago, John Olsson said:

Ah, ok. Understand, do'h it's crucial for us, could you add a filter/option that I can add to function.php to override it and render. Should be a good thing maybe? :)

Im afraid it isnt as simple as that.

John Olsson

Ok, is the somewhere in the core-file we can edit when in dev-mode?

Simon

No, its in javascript and its minified.

Easiest way is to have a separate incognito window that has the editor off.

Aires

My normal workflow when working with situations like this is simply turn off the editor. 

Do my styling in the browser with the help of Styler a google addonhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/styler/bogdgcfoocbajfkjjolkmcdcnnellpkb?hl=en

That way you can copy and paste the css into the window. your css will remain in the styler even if you close the browser. 

Activate the editor open styler and paste the css into the css/less area.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.