Sign in to follow this  
bobnotrob

Why do I still have a horizontal scrollbar?

salesdigitalheavenscouk

I can see using firebug that its the nav menu which is the problem. I can see you have: #primary-nav #nav_row { border-bottom: 0 none; margin-left: 200px; } In your css, This is pushing it over to the right. If you remove the margin-left you no longer have the horizontal bar but at the same time your menu moves to the left :( Maybe one of the pro's can give you the code to fix it and keep the menu in the centre.

Kate

@Bob I'm looking in FF but don't see a horizontal scrollbar. Did you get it figured out?

bobnotrob

Thanks, Stewart, for picking this out. I did just what you described in order to center the nav menu, because I couldn't find any other way. Kate, it appears when the browser window is of a smaller size, and indeed, Firebug or Safari Developer will show it's the nav_row causing the problem. e1Fdj.png A better solution would be to find another way of centering the nav menu. Any thoughts on how to do this? BOB

cmunns

I've just taken a look and I'm not getting the scroll bar? Is this browser specific?

Kate

@Bob Setting this in your CSS would take care of the problem:

body{overflow-x:hidden;}

Obviously not the root of the issue, but it should solve the scroll.

bobnotrob

Thanks, Kate. That did the trick, but like you said not the root. Is centering the nav menu just not possible? I haven't gotten a clear answer from previous posts.

bryan-hadaway

The best thing to do here if you need to add a left margin is to then bring the width down. ` #header #primary-nav ul.main-nav.nosearch { width: 575px; } ` And you'll want to remove `body{overflow-x:hidden;}` Thanks, Bryan