Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chules

Embed Slider Revolution - PLNext Box?

chules

All,

I'm working on a website that requires the installation of Rev Slider.  You have 2 options to embed the slide:

• This option embeds the slider in a page [rev_slider alias="classic-carousel3"]
  • This option is another option to use <?php putRevSlider( 'classic-carousel3' ); ?>

I tried embedding option 2 using a text box and an embed box without success.  I'm currently using using the Rev Slider widget but I was wondering if Platform 5 had another way to use the 2nd embed code, something like PLNext Box for Platform 5.

Is anyone using Revolution Slider with Platform 5 and if so do you have any suggestions for embedding it in other areas of the site than using option 1 in a page.

Thank you

Chules

Aires

You should use the shortcode method inside of a embed or textbox section.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

chules

I tried the shortcut method in both embed and textbox pasting this code in  [rev_slider alias="classic-carousel3"]

When saving it you don't see the slide but do see the actual code.  I've attached what you see when pasting the code into a text box

rev-slider.jpg

Aires

Hi @chules, you are going to have to deactivate the platform 5 editor  to get the slider to show.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

chules

Aires+

Thank you for the advice but this is disappointing news.  I miss the PLNext as I never had any issues with this.  It's been a struggle using shortcodes from RevSlider, Events Calendar and more in Platform 5.  The text and embed sections seem to be problematic.

Thank you

Chules

Simon

for the sliders javascript to load you HAVE to turn off the page builder, same with all shortcodes.