Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flourishdesignstudio

[Solved] Add Arrows or Edit Post Navigation

flourishdesignstudio

Hello,

I am working on a website that uses the normal Pagelines content section for the individual post pages. At the bottom of the pages there is built-in functionality that shows the title of the previous and next post so that users can navigate more easily.

However, I would love to to change this and either make it say:

<< Post Title       add            Post Title >>

or

<<Previous        and           Next >>

Is this possible? What would I need to do to accomplish this?

Thanks so much for the help!

Aires

Yes this is possible let me get to my desktop work up the css and I will post in a few. I assume you have a child theme because you made need to add some stuff to your style sheet in order for it to stick.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

Sorry it took so long for the reply but better late than never.

Here is the CSS

li.next.next-entries a:after {
    content: "\f101";
  font-family: 'PageLinesFont';
    margin-left: 10px;
}
li.previous.previous-entries a:before {
    content: "\f100";
  font-family: 'PageLinesFont';
    margin-right: 10px;
}

This css will need to be apply to your stylesheet if you want it to stick adding it to the less/css editor will not work.

I got the fontawesome codes from http://fontawesome.io/cheatsheet/

ice_screenshot_20161124-105240.png

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

flourishdesignstudio

Hi @Aires,

Thanks so much for the response! Are you saying that I cannot add it to my Pagelines Platform 5 CSS editor? What stylesheet are you referring to? If I am using the Pagelines.com child theme do I simply create a stylesheet and upload it to the child theme via FTP?

Thanks so much!

Aires

Hi @flourishdesignstudio,

No you can not add this sort of css to the editor and have it stick. You can add but as soon as you close the builder it will revert back to the font code instead of the actual font.

Also if you are using the Pagelines.com child theme and you did not change the folder name if there is an update to the child theme all your changes would be lost. But you can add the css to the child theme simply by going to appearance >> editor scroll down and you can add your css there.

But if you use jetpack they have a css add on that is free and could substitute as your style sheet just be aware that if you deactivate it there is a chance that it could wipe all the css ( this happened to me while i was bug checking)    

here is what your stylesheet should look like 

ice_screenshot_20161128-204144.png

ndTgvai.jpg

flourishdesignstudio

This was perfect, thank you so much for the help @Aires!

• Similar Content

• Digital805
      By Digital805
      Hello, I'm not seeing post navigation on my pages. There is not Previous Entries link appearing on my blog category pages. The fixes found in the thread are over 5 years old and don't apply to my version. Please advise. I'm using WhiteHousePro version 1.1.8.
      Thank you!
    • davidcosgrove
      By davidcosgrove
      Clicking on "Edit" brings me to top of page, does not let me edit or drag & drop section when trying to edit the Social Links section in the footer.
      Not sure what's happened, the section is now full-width and I can't edit it at all.
      Thank you for your help!

• romanondrasek
      By romanondrasek+
      Hi, I can't use PL editor in Chrome. I try to reload page, clear cache but is not working. If I want to change something it is not saved. I have same problem on 2 of my sites. Thanx for help.
    • theredbaron
      By theredbaron
      Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out on this one, as I struggling to find a solution!

This is definitely a DMS2/bbPress issue, as I have tried it on a fresh install with no plugins. If I try to edit a forum reply, I am getting a post excerpt instead of the bbPress front-end editor showing. The editor works ok for editing topics.

The WordPress admin bar is also being corrupted on this page (see screenshot).[attachment=2680:Screenshot from 2015-03-11 14:00:46.png] 

This is a shot of the 'Edit Topic' screen which does work. [attachment=2679:Screenshot from 2015-03-11 13:54:23.png]

The 'Edit Reply' page shows fine in Twenty Fifteen wp theme.

I am getting no errors logged in DMS of from wp-debug.

Please help because this is driving me nuts!  :hot: 

DMS Debug Info
      WordPress Version
      WordPress Debug
      Enabled
      Multisite Enabled
      No
      Current Role
      Administrator
      Framework Version
      PHP Version
      WP_DEBUG
      Yes
      WP memory limit
      40 MB
      WP MAX memory limit
      256 MB
      PHP memory limit
      256 MB
      Mysql version
      WP Max Upload Size
      64 MB
      PHP POST Max Size
      64 MB
      PHP Max Execution Time
      30s
      PHP type
      Cgi-fcgi
      WebServer software
      Apache/2.4.9 (Unix)
      OS
      Linux
      Installed Plugins
      bbpress/bbpress.php
      dms-dev-tools/dms-dev-tools.php
      dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
    • thesongchanneler
      By thesongchanneler
      Aloha,

I know this is a simple question, but I could not find it explained on the forum. I simply want to remove the arrows from my quickslider. What do I input? And *where* exactly do I input it? in the edit area, under "custom styling classes"? "Inline CSS Styling"? Whatever is the absolute easiest way, please... thank you :)