Sign in to follow this  
pagelines888

VIDEO EMBED, PAGE LAYOUT DIMENSIONS

pagelines888

HI, I recently purchased the platform pro on a recommendation on its multimedia diversity. I have been trying to have my page set up with a round a 640 feature column and a toolbar column of around 320. For the life of me i cannot work it out how to split the page! What am i missing?? Also is there functionality in relation to the video player?? I have been using evid by elegant themes. www.fanproject.tv Thanks Duncan

bryan-hadaway

Add this to Custom CSS: `#header #feature_slider{width:640px}` Is that what you're looking to do? Thanks, Bryan

pagelines888

thanks for that.The main issue is the page setup from the layout builder as it always reverts back to the fullwidth oage and i want a split page witha video player and then toolbars along the side of the video player in that split

Kate

@Duncan Not to sound obvious, but... ;) Are you selecting "save" when you choose the other layout? It's near the bottom of the screen.

pagelines888

Kate- no obvious is great..but alas yes. I am unable to set anything in global options. Once i get to layout options i select then adjust the columns hit save and still nada! Default Layout Mode Select your default layout mode, this can be changed on individual pages. Once selected, you can adjust the layout in the Layout Builder. Content Layout Editor Configure the default layout for your site which is initially selected in the Default Layout Mode option in Global Options. This option allows you to adjust columns and margins for the default layout.

pagelines888

Would i be missing a template some where perhaps? As I follow the instructions but seems there is functionality missing????

cmunns

The global layout can be overridden by meta options on each page. Double check the pages you are editing to make sure they don't have them set explicitly there.

pagelines888

thanks but am still in the same boat.... any other suggestions

bryan-hadaway

Forwarded to developers. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Hi Duncan, Are you trying to adjust the dimensions inside of the 'Feature' section? The layout editor/builder is designed to manage the default text content from pages and posts... (i.e. it's separate)