flourishdesignstudio

Authentication Not Working

flourishdesignstudio

Hello,

I am working with a client whose hosting is very outdated and as a result we are getting the following error when trying to authenticate our account with PL5:

Platform 5 Connection IssuecURL error 51: SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'www.pagelines.com'

SSL IssuesThe server you are hosted on uses a very old version of CURL and / or OpenSSL, the library used to connect to other servers.
Please see This link for more information.
To connect to PageLines insecurly you can add this to wp-config.php, please only do this as a last resort.
define( 'PL_SSL_NO_VERIFY', true );

In the event that the host is unable to update the SSL or cURL is there any way we can manually authenticate and continue working with PL5?

Thanks so much!

Simon

Adding the code to wp-config.php will disable the certificate checks for all ssl connections for PL5. 

Either update cURL or turn off certificate checks for PL5 those are the only two ways.

The protocol we use ( oauth2 ) must use ssl for communications.

flourishdesignstudio

Hi Simon, 

Ok, thanks! I was hoping we were not at the 'last resort' stage but once I hear back from the host I will add the code if he is unable to update the SSL.

Thank you!

flourishdesignstudio

Hi Simon, I tried to do this and am still getting the folowing error:

{"success":false,"data":"cURL error 51: SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'www.pagelines.com'"}

Does this mean that there is no workaround?

Simon

Are you still seeing the pl5 connection issue notice?

flourishdesignstudio

Yes, when I try to authenticate that error is what I receive now. If I refresh Wordpress all the original errors remain.

Is there any other information I can provide that would be helpful?

Simon

if you are seeing that message the the line of code is either not in wp-config.php or its in the wrong place.