Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SaschaM

Problem with CDN Url in Impulse Section

SaschaM

Hello,

sorry. i got a problem on my site i can not fix myself, would be nice somebody can help.

I use:

- Platform 5 (latest) Pro

- Pagelines Framework (latest for Platform 5)

- keycdn (cdn enabler, cache enabler und optimus WebP)

- my site:  example

Problem:

The background image i use in the Impulse Section is not beeing replaced automatically if i specify a CDN Url. I need to put in the cdn url to the image manually. Why?

If you look in the button of the the side you see post grid section, where i have no problems. You also see there WebP Images working.

Now i can not really use the direct cdn url for the impulse background image, cause i want to benefit there from WebP Image also in the background as it works in post grid section.

How does it works with Impulse? The webP image for the background is ready to use.

Thank you.

Sascha Muhlen

South Spain

Simon

when you select the image, it uses wp_upload_dir() to build the url, which you can always update with your cdn url.

We provided a filter for the shortcode it uses, the filter is pl_uploads_url so you could write a function to change the url automatically

SaschaM

Can u help me out with this function? cause it already exists in post grid section and works there, also with all other plugins...i dont know how to code it

the problem ist u set  [upload-dir] before the filename. this does not automatically update to cdn url in other plugins yes but not in impulse.

Sascha Muhlen

South Spain

Simon

impulse does nothing different, if the url field is using that shortcode it will use your uploads url, thats what its for.

SaschaM

nope. its not working.

the background-image is not replaced by cdn url or by a webp image. please see attachment.

url for test:  URL for TEST

pagelines-cdn.jpg

Sascha Muhlen

South Spain

Simon

post grid fetches the image from the featured image it does not use a shortcode, you do not add the url manually, its all automatic.

If you want the pl_uploads_url shortcode to change to cdn url then you will need to use the filter i already mentioned.

SaschaM

no its about the impulse section, i do not place shortcodes its automatic from media library.

Sascha Muhlen

South Spain

Simon
2 minutes ago, SaschaM said:

no its about the impulse section, i do not place shortcodes its automatic from media library.

https://cl.ly/3I1o0W1K1I2a

Yes I know it places shortcodes there, and the shortcode returns your uploads dir. It has no clue what cdn url you are using or 1 of 1000's of cdn plugins. All it does is return the url to your uploads dir. If you want that to be a cdn url then you need to do 1 of 2 things

1. manually change it to your cdn url
  2. use the filter already mentioned to change the url in the shortcode.

SaschaM

are there any examples for this function? and how about webp

Sascha Muhlen

South Spain

• Similar Content

• Kedark
      By Kedark+
      Hello. I have a big problem, platform 5, the save changes button does not work. All the time, "spins" and can not save modifications. There was information about the account refresh or re-login (due to the token), everything has been done, still saving does not work properly. Help.
      I got an answer on facebook that you have to put the site from scratch, I have a dozen or so - it's some tragedy. So ask for help !!!
      Regards, Kedark
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello,
      My Site is showing the dreaded white screen of death i have disabled all plugins, disable theme yet it has not come backup...
      The default wordpress 2015 displays when i activate it, anytime i activate platform 5 it continues to show a white screen 
      I have increased the memory limit, added PHP ini, all the suggested advice i have followed...can someone tell me what to do ASAP 
      Regards

• jordangross
      By jordangross+
      Here's what I see when I try to download Platform 5:

Is Platform 5 still being supported?  Most of the comments in this forum look a year old or older.
    • fabienfons
      By fabienfons+

Hi,
        Big problem on your website, impossible to download platform 5…   Any idea to solve the issue ? Fabien
    • fancoder
      By fancoder+
      Hi I can't seem to get the background image for the Tour Guide section to be clear. It is always blurry. Any idea why that is? I am using a high res image. Is it a sizing issue? Thanks