Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Deprecated help - ploption

sheilahoff

The client's site is in DMS 1.1.91. I know it's ancient but client has no money for major upgrade. Site is located at http://coachmediateconsult.com and you cannot tell there's any issue. She wants some content overhaul (not re-design) so I tried to clone the site to make the massive changes. You can see the clone here: http://cmc.hoffmangraphics.com. You may be able to see all the errors but I paste them here for ease...

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/hoffman/public_html/cmc/wp-includes/query.php on line 4564

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/hoffman/public_html/cmc/wp-includes/query.php on line 4566

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/hoffman/public_html/cmc/wp-includes/query.php on line 4568

Notice: ploption is deprecated since version 1.1 of PageLines DMS! Use pl_setting() instead. in /home/hoffman/public_html/cmc/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/deprecated.php on line 272

Notice: ploption is deprecated since version 1.1 of PageLines DMS! Use pl_setting() instead. in /home/hoffman/public_html/cmc/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/deprecated.php on line 272

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/hoffman/public_html/cmc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/hoffman/public_html/cmc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3707

I've deactivated EVERY plugin that has to do with DMS and still see this. Short of starting over in a new theme is there any help for this? Would upgrading to DMS2 fix it and would that be pretty painless? I don't even remember how anymore so a link to that would be great. But if that requires a lot of work I'd rather go to something even newer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Simon

Turn off debug you wont see those warnings.

sheilahoff

LOL...I wish it were that simple. First of all I never turned it on. I cloned the live site using Backup Buddy and this is what I got. But I thought OK, I can try that. I'm unable to open the front-end editor. First it shows those errors briefly, then it just spins. Is there another way to disable it? I only know the front-end location.I can get into the Dashboard but nothing else. I thought maybe it was because I'd disabled all those PL plugins so I reactivated them but that didn't help either.

Simon

WP_DEBUG is turned on in wp-config.php

if its already turned off then your host is forcing php warnings to be printed to the screen, by default its supposed to be off.

sheilahoff

Thanks. So I just set debug to FALSE. The messages are now gone HOWEVER...the space they take up is still there! WHY? What now? This is madness. Thanks for helping.

sheilahoff

Interesting! I had to do a second refresh but I see it now too. WHEW! Another mystery solved. THANKS.

And I gather we're not worried about these errors causing any other issues?!

Simon

They are only warnings to developers. :)