Sign in to follow this  
jsecore

I want this code to work on the new release of platform pro

bryan-hadaway

If I'm not mistaken, that was a month ago and there are several new versions. I think this IS possible in the newest versions in magazine mode. What version are you on? If you're still having issues let's get some more details and a link. Thanks, Bryan

jsecore

secore.us is the link. I have it in magazine mode but I cannot get it to post thumbnails and excerpts for the columned posts below the new post up top without the top post getting a thumb and an excerpt. I do not want a thumb and an excerpt of the main (latest) post with the full post showing. so to say it differently to make sure it is understood. I want the magazine layout, with one full width post at the top but for that top post to not show the thumbnail or the excerpt but for the other non full posts below with excerpts and thumbnails.

cmunns

We can do it by modifying the template.postloop.php file. IF you copy it to the base child theme you can edit it freely. Look for this line `<?php if(pagelines_show_thumb( get_the_ID() )): // Thumbnails ?>` Then change it to this: `<?php if(pagelines_show_thumb( get_the_ID() ) && ($count != 1)): // Thumbnails ?>` This should do the trick

jsecore

that is taking away the image but the blog title is moved to the right like it was still there. and the excerpt for the latest post is still there. thank you!

jsecore

ok when i switched it back to thumbnails off it fixed the offset as if there was an image there and the other posts still have thumbs perfect! now how do i get the excerpts to now show on the full post and show down below? I still have an excerpt on the main post. thanks

jsecore

fixed it i just thought beyond the first fix you gave me and found the excerpt and applied that same funtion to it: <?php if(pagelines_show_excerpt( get_the_ID() ) && ($count != 1)): // Post Excerpt ?> and it worked wonderfully - if anyone else needs it! thanks for all your help!

chocolaterebel

this should also work for the same purpose, except it doesn't show excerpts for the first 4 posts if you're in magazine mode :)

<?php if(pagelines_show_excerpt( get_the_ID() ) && ($count > 4)): // Post Excerpt ?>