tonygoodchild

HyperDB + Pagelines

tonygoodchild

Just wondering if anyone has tried using HyperDB with a Pagelines installation?

I set this up using two MySQL servers and used HyperDB to use one as the master for reading & writing and one as the slave that was just for reading.

After doing this the PL page editor became unusable for me. While it looked like I was able to add elements and configure them in my browser these were never saved correctly to the database so I have had to disable it. Has anyone else managed to use this?

Simon

I know wpengine use hyperdb and we never had any issues while we were with them.

PL5 uses native WP database calls when it needs to, so if WP is working with your db config then all plugins should as well.

The only thing I can think of is you have not setup replication from the master to the slave properly. Hyperdb does not copy to the slave, you need to configure mysql to do the replication.

tonygoodchild

Thanks for the reply.

The SQL replication looks to be running ok. HyperDB is set to only write to the master but read from both,  the site is also running WooCommerce and I am using the REST API to add products in and I can see those being replicated over to the slave immediately. I'll setup some query logging on mysql to try and capture what's happening.

Simon

OK Great. 

I dont use replication here locally, but obviously the big WP hosts use it, be interesting to see what the issue is.