BentleyD

Scope is always set to "All of type: Posts"

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with being able to post to my blog with platform 5. Currently when i click publish, it just shows the homepage of MoonBodySoul.com. That is until i open the page editor and change the scope from "All of type: Posts" to "Current Page Only". Then I have to re-insert the menu header as well. This seems like a really dumb process. In past versions of pagelines, I could just post a blog and the menu would be there and there would be no formatting issues. What can I do to fix this?

MoonBodySoul.com

Aires+    258
Aires

Hi @BentleyD,

I sounds like you have your menu within the template area I would suggest you add the menu to the header and then go inside the advanced menu options and hide the menu on the home page.

Let me know if this helps.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

@Simon @Aires That solves the menu issue, but my real issue is that the blog content won't automatically appear. It only shows the homepage content until  i open the page editor and change the scope from "All of type: Posts" to "Current Page Only". Please help.

Aires+    258
Aires

I dont suppose you could do a screencast.

Because I dont see any post on your home page so I am not sure what your issue is.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

@Aires The issue is that it defaults to the homepage and only displays the image slider and menu. A screencast isn't going to help. Just look at my homepage. Instead of displaying the single blog post, it shows the homepage. That is until I change the scope to "Current Page Only". My question is, Why doesn't it default to "Current Page Only"?

Aires+    258
Aires

@BentleyD I spun up another local installation of wordpress to try and recreate your issue.

Default settings in wordpress with blog as my home page.

I added an impulse slider with menu and left the static content on the page. And scope is default.

And I cannot reproduce your results.

Screencast http://screencast.com/t/nhdGqzTt

ndTgvai.jpg

Simon    247
Simon

it defaults to the type always, for all types.

imagine these scenarios: 

You have 1000 posts, you want all the posts to have a slider at the top, if the default scope was current page only for all pages you would have to add that slider to 1000 posts.

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

@Simon I understand that, but that doesn't really make sense for the individual post page. Are you saying that every time I publish a post to the blog page, I have to open it up individually, then turn on the editor, then navigate to current page only, for the blog post to appear? That makes no sense.

My client needs to be able to post to the blog without editing the design.

Edited by BentleyD (see edit history)

cstudio    0
cstudio

I can't figure a good way to do this either.  It seems you either have to use the wordpress content or do the page editor for each blog post.

Simon    247
Simon
On 03/10/2016 at 6:16 PM, BentleyD said:

@Simon I understand that, but that doesn't really make sense for the individual post page. Are you saying that every time I publish a post to the blog page, I have to open it up individually, then turn on the editor, then navigate to current page only, for the blog post to appear? That makes no sense.

My client needs to be able to post to the blog without editing the design.

No, by default because the scope is set to 'all of type' when you create a new post it will have 'all of type' set too and will use the settings for 'all of type' so all posts will be exactly the same layout and your author wont have to change any settings.

If you want one post to be different than all the other pages then you change the scope for that one post.

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

@Simon Can you please log on to my site and see what I am referencing. I add a new post and it just shows the home page. I don't know how else to say it. On every other website i've designed, I add a new post and it shows a single post page. With this new set up, it shows the home page instead. In Addition: The Http Error has returned when uploading any media at all to the website. Is platform 5 just incredibly buggy? It's unusable.

Edited by BentleyD (see edit history)

Simon    247
Simon

The http error is not caused by PL5. Most likely some security setting on your server.

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

@Simon More importantly can you please help me make the blog function correctly. This is incredibly frustrating. It's worked flawlessly the 5 years I've been a pagelines customer.

Queue-it+    2
Queue-it

Hey,

We've got a similar issue with scope. After publishing a post it won't change to the "Current page" just reload the page and be set to "All posts"

Do you have an idea what could be the issue here?

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 11.37.10.png

Andrew    201
Andrew

does this happen for all blog posts? 

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

How has this not been solved yet? I'm still over here having to change the post type EVERY TIME I add a new blog post. This is really killing platform 5 for me. 

Camilla+    0
Camilla

@Andrew Yes, it is happening to all of the posts. The function is sort of "stuck" because when I try to change the "All post type" to the current page it just reloads the page.  And for the posts that I have already "Current page" and I try to change to "All post type" it also just reloads the page without any success.