dreamsight

DMS2 Site Stopped Saving

dreamsight

We had a client site hacked and have moved it to a new server. All permission have been "made more secure" but it's stopped PL saving. When we click Publish hte saving keeps spinning.

In the Consol I can see 500 Internal Server Error and I'm sure it's permissions. I have contacted the Hosts who have asked which file is updating and what should the permissions be.

Please can you let me know the Folder/File path?

Thanks in advance

Ps. Tried with all plugins off. 
DMSVersion: 2.2.4

dreamsight

It seems to only be an issue with custom css. We can edit/update text boxes, get the same error, but it does save when we publish.

It's only the custom css. 

I have /wp-content/uploads/pagelines/ set to 777. Where else does the custom css save to?

Thanks

Simon

it saves to that folder, you should never need 777 permissions, ever.

500 error is an out right php fatal error and the cause of it will be logged somewhere, depending on your server config.

dreamsight

thanks Simon. I'll go back to the hosts

dreamsight

Hosts have come back to me, the log says very little...

*my IP* - - [23/Aug/2016:14:16:27 +0200] "POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php HTTP/1.1" 500 - "http://www.countyflatroofing.co.uk/careers/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36"

They have pointed out I have lots of PL client sites on the same server and I've gone through them until I found a match:

staceroofing.co.uk WordPress 4.5.3. DMSVersion: 2.2.4 = save css ok
amazinggraceinteriors.co.uk WordPress 4.4.4. DMSVersion: 2.2.1.1. = save css ok. After update to WordPress 4.6. No update for DMS showing. = save css ok
classbookingsonline.co.uk WordPress 4.5.2 DMSVersion: 2.2.4 save css ok
cbfnet.co.uk WordPress 4.6 Nicks Base ThemeVersion: 1.2 DMSVersion: 1.1.9.1 = save css ok
bernardthorp.co.uk WordPress 4.5.3 DMSVersion: 2.2.4 = save css ok
freeprintquote.co.uk WordPress 4.6 DMSVersion: 2.2.1.1 = save css ok. updated to DMSVersion: 2.2.4 = save css ok

So it is only countyflatroofing.co.uk WordPress 4.6. DMSVersion: 2.2.4 which I can't save the css. 

Simon

They are looking in the wrong log ;)

Thats the webserver log, be it apache, nginx or whatever, its trying to load a php page and getting HTTP/1.1" 500

There will also be a php log that will show what the 500 error is actually all about.

The domain that does not work is on a totally different IP from one I picked at random form your list of working domains, so the server config is likely to be different.

dreamsight

From the Console, does that shed any light on what's happening?...

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 POST http://www.countyflatroofing.co.uk/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 500 (Internal Server Error)

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 XHR finished loading: POST "http://www.countyflatroofing.co.uk/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php".send @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4ajax @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4runAction @ pl.ajax.js?ver=b15f0c:75run @ pl.ajax.js?ver=b15f0c:62save @ pl.saving.js?ver=b15f0c:29triggerSave @ pl.code.js?ver=b15f0c:114(anonymous function) @ pl.code.js?ver=b15f0c:68signal @ codemirror.js?ver=b15f0c:5485onBlur @ codemirror.js?ver=b15f0c:2194(anonymous function) @ codemirror.js?ver=b15f0c:5602
pl.helpers.js?ver=b15f0c:14 - AJAX Error -
pl.helpers.js?ver=b15f0c:14

Object {readyState: 4, responseText: "", status: 500, statusText: "Internal Server Error"}abort: (a)always: ()complete: ()done: ()error: ()fail: ()getAllResponseHeaders: ()getResponseHeader: (a)overrideMimeType: (a)pipe: ()progress: ()promise: (a)readyState: 4responseText: ""setRequestHeader: (a,b)state: ()status: 500statusCode: (a)arguments: nullcaller: nulllength: 1name: "statusCode"prototype: Objectconstructor: (a)__proto__: Object__proto__: ()<function scope>ClosureClosureGlobal: WindowstatusText: "Internal Server Error"success: ()then: ()__proto__: Object
pl.helpers.js?ver=b15f0c:14 error
pl.helpers.js?ver=b15f0c:14 Internal Server Error

Simon

No thats just confirming the 500 error.

dreamsight

thanks again Simon, I'll let you know the outcome