sheilahoff

Accordion issues

sheilahoff

I hope you can easily assist with this little challenge I’m facing. I know how to nest an accordion within an accordion with shortcodes. I have two hopefully minor/easy questions:

1)      I set the accordions to have the first panel open and now I don’t want them to be and I can NOT find where that setting is despite a lot of searching.

2)      When I do the shortcode it is not listing all the items in the set.

You’ll see on this dev page: http://susanhowlett.wpstagecoach.com/getting-funded/  that I have setup 3 different accordions:

1)      About has one item which we want open.

2)      Resources by Topic has one item and we do NOT want it open.

3)      Resources by Chapter has many items and we do NOT want it open.

There’s currently two versions of the by Chapter set. The first is using this short code and looks as we desire HOWEVER it only lists half the set! Is that a setting somewhere or what?

[accordions accordion_set= getting-funded-resources = #ffffff accordion_title_color = #707070 content_color = #707070 accordion_icon = yes]

The second version correctly displays all 20 entries in the set called getting-funded-resources. But we want it nested within the bullet as shown in the first example. The goal is to have this set all within a single drop-down, hence the shortcode approach.

AND we need to figure out how to make the first accordion not be initially opened.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Sheila

PS: I’m running DMS Version: 1.1.9.1 and Accordion Version 1.7.5. Been Googling and it looks like this might be a known issue on this page: https://www.pagelines.com/extensions/accordions/
* Accordion open attribute not working properly in shortcode. SO…is there any fix for this?

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

sheilahoff

PS...I did find the Accordion option that says:

(  reverse ) First Accordion Opened on Page Load 
Use this option if you want the first accordion in a set to be open on page load

But no matter how I set it the accordion does NOT stay closed. I have NO caching set and have tried clearing all browser caching in 3 different browsers. This just doesn't seem to work.

AND...I made the About section not be an accordion a tall since we wanted it to be open anyhow.

Edited by sheilahoff (see edit history)

sheilahoff

I'm having recurring issues with another plugin overwriting this one. It's also called Accordions by pickplugins . I try not to update but sometimes it accidentally happens. Then reinstalling the old 1.7.5 fixes it. But I'm on the road and don't have access to my saved copy. I tried to download the zip from Git Hub but apparently I don't know how that works as it didn't. So my new questions are:

1. Is there a way to use what's at Git Hub?
  2. Is there a way to add my copy to my account here?
  3. Is there a way to prevent this rogue plugin from overwriting mine?

Thanks.

Sheila

sheilahoff

I found this thread on how to rename a plugin to avoid my issues but need some help. I was able to do the first two things easily but when I rename the plugin folder it breaks it. I was told I need to find and edit the primary plugin file which has to be in the root folder of the plugin and usually shares its name (it should) with the folder name, then reactivate the plugin. However this is a section plugin and doesn't seem to comply that way. I can't find a way to rename the folder that doesn't break the plugin. Any suggestions?

@Ellen Moore @Simon