PeriniNero

[Solved] Custom Post Type & fields in Postloop. DMS2

PeriniNero

We are building a Custom Post Type with Custom Fields and Custom Taxonomies.

The only thing we dont understand is how to embed the Custom Fields including header tags and stuff in the Postloop (now we use a text-box below the postloop section but also SEO wise this is not best pratice).

So we thought to copy the dms Postloop section to our child theme and rename this, to add an extra Postloop section to our theme. Is this the way?

What exactly to adjust in those 3 files class.posts.php, section.php and style.less (at this point we know how to change the thumb LOL) and where to add the Custom Fields shortcodes?

Thanks.

PeriniNero

@Simon @Andrew any idea please? ;-)

Simon

Have you thought about using wordpress actions/filters?

Or creating a simple shortcode?

The postloop section is not just 1 file, it uses functions all over the place, copying the loop section is not the best way to go about it.

PeriniNero

Hi @Simon thank you for your attention.

Ok I understand not to mess with the postloop section :-)

What you write does ring a bell but as I'm not a tech... I have to idea how to create actions/filters nor shortcode.

I have some shortcodes from the custom fields (acf; https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/), but not sure where to add these, to include in de Postloop for this particular CPT.

Simon

you should have access to the pro tools plugin in your account, it has an action highlight feature so you can see where actions fire on the page.

PeriniNero

I just activated the action map part of the pro tools plugin v1.8.5, but I cant see a difference in the editing screen op pl. Should I hit another button somewhere?

Simon

there should be a link in the admin bar that says actions

PeriniNero

uhm, guess I dont have this one?

menu.jpgactions-pro.jpg

dms-menu.jpg

Simon

top left of your screenshot ;)

PeriniNero

@Simon damn, sorry :-) I will have a look

PeriniNero

@Simon we are looking for support/dev docs regarding to actions/filters for DMS2? I only find the DMS1 stuff online.

PeriniNero

@Simon @Andrew so aperently this is a huge issue for the developer we hired... Can we hire you or do you know an experienced professional wordpress/dms2 developer who we can hire to solve this??? thank you for your time, cheers

PeriniNero

Not sure how to close this post, as it is solved.

Simon

This topic has been marked as solved.