Sign in to follow this  
michaelchristonsayerscom

StationPro, PNG files and IE6

michaelchristonsayerscom

Hi there, I was doing some quick testing in old browsers and came across a querk with IE6 and the use of PNG files specifically when considering transparency. All is well for a PNG in the header, the transparency works fine. However if there's a PNG in the feature box the transparency turns white. Same issue for footer and even some of the theme's PNG files have the same issue (e.g. StationPro/images/bg_sidebar.png) Please help! Thanks in advance. All the best, AS

Kate

Hey Andrew, I'll check on this... As you probably know, transparency with IE6 is tricky. Let me double check on what's going on in IE6. Kate

Andrew

There are always going to be issues with IE6... the question is, does it perform well enough? The issue at hand is IE6 does not support transparency, so we've employed a work-around, the work-around doesn't work especially well when advanced JS effects are applied. So PL could spend an eternity getting it perfect in IE6 or build the other 100 features you'll love.

michaelchristonsayerscom

hey Kate and Andrew, Thanks for your messages... I agree IE6 is a pain in the *%*$! And yes, I too like new features rather than legacy! If you do happen to think of anything, please shout. Otherwise I'm cool Thanks, AS

Kate

@Andrew Sayers No problem. Food for thought: there are scripts that can handle it for you. One I've used in the past I can't think of off the top of my head, but here's one that came up with a quick Google search: http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/ Hope that helps. Take care!