Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huskers2011

Reducing Space between Containers

huskers2011

I want to have some text to the left of large image. I have  tried two containers side by side with 0 padding and margins, one containing text, the other an image,  but  that gives me a  very large area of space between the columns. Then I put two containers within an outer container, this also gave me a very large space between the containers. How can I reduce this space? I have adjusted margins and padding of the items and this did not make any difference.

Aires

Is it possible to view your site to see what you are wanting to achieve. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

So if I understand you correctly you would like the text right next to the image?

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

Just so you can understand alittle about what is going on and the design of it.

Each row is made up of 12 columns  and those columns are going to contain you content. For example you have a text section at 6 col and static content at 5 cols with one col left over. if you fill that text section with content/dummy text it will fill the entire 6 cols but you have less text so it appears to be a large gap when it is just the space for 6 cols. 

Removing all the padding is not going to change the 6 cols. The padding is what surrounds the sections.

Is there something you are trying to mimic link an example. 

ndTgvai.jpg

• Similar Content

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I've encountered this before..but not like this.  Containers either replicate themselves, or cannot be deleted. I'll delete. Save changes. Then refresh...and they're back. 
      Here's an example: https://thehumanfirstsociety.org/contact/
      Pretty simple page, but why would this be happening? 
      Thanks,
      Judith

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,The image 1 represents the website how it is, but when I refresh the page or delete the pagelines string (?pl_edit=on&pl_start=yes) from the site url the whole content swaps places (image 2), the containers just re-arrange.
      And we didn't add any new plugins, this bug "just appeared".
      I can not show you the site as it is geo-restricted.