Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanatTLFN

Spiking on Resource Usage on my GoDaddy Hosting

DanatTLFN

Hi Pagelines Team, 

Following on from my last thread about moving to WPEngine, I recently spoke to GoDaddy over the phone. 

The reason for the move was due to an increase the recent downtime of my site. They taught me how to clear the cache on my site but after doing this we noticed that the reource limit would quickly spike.

I spoke to their hosting department employee and he told me that I should contact my theme provider and ask for any further information on why this might be happening?

Kind regards,

Dan

Simon

What exactly did they tell you?

What cache were they telling you to clear?

What plugins were you using?

DanatTLFN

GoDaddy told me:

After having cleared the PHP Processes (Image attached) - this was the cache they were asking me to clear in future - and deactivating all plugins, the problem lied within my theme.

There may be a robot or something within the database of pagelines that is causing the resources in my site to spike.

I have several plugin, he did deactivate them but I am happy to list them if necessary. Also, they are all up to date and every other aspect of my theme is up to date also.

One plugin I have is the Pagelines updater.

Kind regards,

Dan 

DanatTLFN

PHP Processes Images

PHP-Processes-2.png

PHP-Processes-1.png

DanatTLFN

Hi Guys,

Is there any update on this, I am noticing performance issues again. Would be cool to get my site up to speed and performing as best it can. If I can help in any way and provide any extra information, happy to oblige.

Kind regards,

Dan

Simon

What theme are you using?

Is it shared host? VPS? What package?

We have very little info to help with here, not even a site url.

DanatTLFN

Apologies,

I will try to provide as much as I can.

My Site: http://thelocalfilmnetwork.com

I am running Pagelines DMS2 on a child theme.

I am currently on the Intermediate CPanel hosting plan on Godaddy. 

If I can add anything further please let me know.

Kind regards,

Dan

Simon

I cant seem to find an intermediate plan on their site.

On any shared host Id have to say use a static file cache. My fav is wp-super-cache.

..and maybe use a CDN for your files.

DanatTLFN

Thank you for that,

I am actually on Level 1 of their CPanel plan.

Nice one. I will try out Supercache and see if that can clear my spiking resource usage. Is setting up a CDN expensive? And also how would I go about doing that?

Kind regards,

Dan

DanatTLFN

Unfortunately, after setting the super cache plugin up but it does not seem to have fixed the spiking issue. Attached is an image of what I am seeing on my CPanel.

Simon

That isnt a graph of usage, how can you tell if the plugin made any difference.

Godaddy want you to upgrade, they are always going to tell you you are close to your limit.

At $2.99 a month your site is as fast as it ever will be im afraid.

DanatTLFN

Thank you for your help Si,

I have now migrated to WPEngine and can see a difference already.

Kind regards,

Dan

Simon
On 6/5/2016 at 0:14 AM, DanatTLFN said:

Thank you for your help Si,

I have now migrated to WPEngine and can see a difference already.

Kind regards,

Dan

You wont regret it ;)

• Similar Content

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      Hello,
      I am wanting to know what the status of the Pagelines Platform.
      I have noticed that there has been absolutely no updates on Platform 5 for over 8 months.
      Please tell me you haven't gone off on another tangent and going to build the next great solution
      and then leave all of us to have to completely rebuild our sites like we did for
      Pagelines, then DMS, then Pagelines Platform.
      I like what you build, but what you need to do is build one product and then make it better, rather than 
      abandoning it and building something else.
      You haven't done anything for so long that even WordPress is providing a warning.
      "Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress."
      So what is the Status. I mean if I am going to pay a monthly fee for a product, I don't want to pay for one
      that is no longer being supported. You have a great product, I'm not bashing it, I'm just wondering what 
      your next move is because I have business decisions to make for myself, and whether of not this is something
      I should stick with.

Please be kind enough to respond.

Thank You,
      Anthony
    • Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys!
      Looking at the slow_errors log of WordPress, I have noticed that Pagelines is #1. The site in question is michaelkummer.com  - see
      Michael Kummer Information -- 96752
      --------------------------------------------------
      slow_errors: 4518
      slow_errors_common: [pool site-96752] script_filename = /www//wp-admin/admin-ajax.php +++ dump failed
      slow_errors_common_total: 372
      slow_errors_common_themes_and_plugins: /wp-content/plugins/pl-platform: 1246
      /wp-content/themes/pl-framework: 746
      My hoster is Flywheel is they are usually pretty good when it comes to performance. So I was wondering if anyone else has experienced those issues and if there are any solutions.
      Thanks
      Michael
    • tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • thirdstonemedia
      By thirdstonemedia+
      I've been fighting with a resolution issue ? Want to use Flick Slider, the site looks great on my monitor but client says she can't see bottom of homes. I believe she's on an old PC using outdated browser/s ... but, she's important to me and I'd like to make this work, on her system. Without asking her adjust her own set-up. 
      I put the Flick Slider inside a container, here ::
      http://becauze.xyz/home-five
      Set the Height of Flick Slider to 50 Base ... I don't know how this works exactly ... there is a Base then a Min ... but, haven't adjusted the Min ::
      http://becauze.xyz/home-four/
      Tried using Splash Up, which presents the same issue (she can only see top of home) and she wants several images to rotate on Home page, so not sure this would work anyway ::
      http://becauze.xyz/
      I have tried going into Layout and making the width narrower, and that does make the site narrower, but the homes still don't display in full, on her system. Help ?

Here are her screen grabs, both desktop and iPad  (dumped the chalkboard background).

FInally, she said these look great ::
      http://www.sinclairaia.com/
      http://www.kristihanson.com/
      What am I doing wrong ?? Is there a better way to accomplish making the site look great on any resolution at any size ?
      Joanne
      (Longtime Pagelines-lover.)