Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micstepl

Copy stopped working

micstepl

always says "FAILED"

(I am in new Platform5)

Simon

What browser are you using?

micstepl

Simon,
i´m using SAFARI, latest version.

Following your question I tested immediately with CHROME >>> IT WORKS :)

another issue:

• previously I used to paste the ID in a new section & and it overtool all
  • this is a problem not too ? .... does not work at all :(

Simon

The copy will not work in safari.

micstepl
1 hour ago, Simon said:

The copy will not work in safari.

... and the 2nd issue?

Simon

I dont know what you mean by 'previously I used to paste the ID in a new section & and it overtool all'

micstepl
1 minute ago, micstepl said:

... and the 2nd issue?

why diese Safari suddenly not work?

Simon

Safari copy has never ever worked.

micstepl
18 hours ago, Simon said:

I dont know what you mean by 'previously I used to paste the ID in a new section & and it overtool all'

@Simon  sorry for "my short" + previous "miss-typo" version :) 

Im mean the "second method", that used to work - and suddenly dosen´t:

• I create and style a section
  • I give it in "advanced" a "custom name"
  • than I go to WP page content and "add section"
  • select the same type (section ID) ... and paste the "custom name" (replacing the UNIQUE ID)
  • click "insert shortcode"
  • THAN IT USED TO PASTE THE SECTION
  • NOW: it inserts an empty section without any formatiing

Simon

The custom name is not the section ID. It is just a nice name you can give it.

Simon

micstepl
3 hours ago, Simon said:

what sohlt this tell me?
how to "copy" in this way sections?

Simon

if you create a shortcode in the post editor.. for a section and give it a unique ID.. ANYWHERE you use this shortcode with that ID will create the same section and they will ALL share the same settings.

• Similar Content

• dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      I originally added some posts to an existing thread I found by doing a search:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/35578-wpengine-copy-fail-502-bad-gateway-error/

It turns out that that was in a PageLines sub-forum, not DMS.

Hopefully by posting here, I'll get a response.

My original addition to the above-noted thread had to do with an installation copy on WP Engine that did not go well.

WP Engine had a senior engineer take look at things and found that the root cause was that the theme (I'm using iBlogPro6) was coded to set options using the absolute server path instead of the relative path.   Did a search and replace (of the copy-from and copy-to domain name) with this: https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/and everything loaded as it should.   That, of course, should not be necessary.   Today we did a server migration on WP Engine and I ended up with a blank site, due to the same problem.   It would be nice if this could be addressed in an update (to any/all themes "guilty" of this same problem).   Please advise.
    • kulmetehan
      By kulmetehan
      Hi guys,

As you can see on my website: www.kalender-verhuur.nl

The text color of the navbar (fixed) is white, so is the navbar itself. Therefore the text is invisble. Only when you do something like CTRL+A, you can see the text.

I tried multiple ways to change the navbar text color but unfortunately it didn't work. Can someone please help me to get the text in the color I want, preferably black please.

Thanks!
    • JimP
      By JimP
      Hi there, 
      I have been dealing with the people at www.wpengine.com where I host my pagelines DMS site. Currently, the "copy site" function, doesn't work on WPengine, it seems because of a dms theme issue. 

I'm running the latest pagelines version, 2.1 here's the WPengine's engineer's comments, as below;

I checked out the bigtclub install that was cloned out. After some digging I saw that the .htaccess wasn't showing correctly, so I updated it. In the test it was still giving the 502 error.
      Next I checked the plugin and theme. I deactivated the plugins and reverted the theme to twentyfourteen. After clearing the cache and testing the site the wp-admin page finally loaded up for me. I turned the plugins back on and site was still up. Then when I turned the theme back on the 502 came back.
      So it looks like something in the dms theme is causing the 502 error. I would suggest contacting the theme developer and see what they can find. Here is a section of the error log that you can show the developer and maybe it will point them where to check.

Here's the error message; http://paste.pagelines.com/DOEDyydd

In the mean time i've left the theme as twentyfourteen so you can access it now.
      I'll leave the ticket open just incase you have any further questions but if you feel this is resolved on our end let us know.

thanks for any help with this, as I can not easily copy my site currently. - Jim
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      I've been trying to copy and paste within the Custom Code area of the Site Options, but it's not working. Nor can I copy code from within the Custom Code area and paste it anywhere else (e.g., in a text editor).

I've deactivated all non-PageLines plugins but the problem remains.

I know that I used to be able to do this - and, of course, should be able to do this - and am wondering if it's related to the 2.3 update.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?