Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonganza

DMS to Platform 5

jasonganza

Hi guys,

I’m a happy DMS1 client but have decided that it would be in my best interest to upgrade to Platform 5 to have the most up-to-date software.

I just have a few questions before I dive in:

• What is the best way to transition from DMS1 to Platform 5?
  • From what I understand of Platform 5, Templates are assigned page by page. There is no Global Template like DMS. This is fine, but does it mean that I can experiment with Platform 5 one page at a time, without affecting my DMS Pages with current Global Templates, or will the DMS Global Templates override the Platform 5 Templates?
  • I am currently subscribed as a DMS Pro client. How is my subscription affected?
  • Is it safe to do this considering I have ranked in the top 3 on Google for over 2 years using DMS?

Thank you.

werlacher
On 3/30/2016 at 11:52 AM, jasonganza said:

Hi guys,

I’m a happy DMS1 client but have decided that it would be in my best interest to upgrade to Platform 5 to have the most up-to-date software.

I just have a few questions before I dive in:

• What is the best way to transition from DMS1 to Platform 5?
  • From what I understand of Platform 5, Templates are assigned page by page. There is no Global Template like DMS. This is fine, but does it mean that I can experiment with Platform 5 one page at a time, without affecting my DMS Pages with current Global Templates, or will the DMS Global Templates override the Platform 5 Templates?
  • I am currently subscribed as a DMS Pro client. How is my subscription affected?
  • Is it safe to do this considering I have ranked in the top 3 on Google for over 2 years using DMS?

Thank you.

I'm a Pro subscriber for DMS 2 and I would like to ask the same questions. I will be very happy if you include me in this thread.

Wilques erlacher