Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chules

Platform 5 & Genesis News Pro Home Page

chules

Working on my first Platform 5 website.  It's a news site using the Genesis News Pro Theme.  I'm developing locally but here is a link to the News Pro demo site, http://demo.studiopress.com/news/.  We'd like to keep the home page look and feel exactly how it is including the content sections.  I've replicated this demo site locally however when I have Platform 5 activated it replaces the entire content sections, between header and footer, with a default blog style page.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for me to activate Platform 5 but keep the home page exactly the way it stands in the demo.  I'd really like to use the flexibility of Platform 5 on all pages but need to keep this home page identical to the demo.

Any advice on how to achieve this using Platform 5.

Thank you - chules

chules

Any response?  Trying to find out if Platform 5 is all or nothing.  I'd like to use it everywhere but on my homepage that uses the Genesis News Pro Theme?

Thank you - chules

chules

Anyone using P5 with another theme provider?  Trying to find out an answer to my question.  If you're using another theme, not from pagelines, and you activate P5 does it completely replace everything on that existing theme leaving just the header and footer sections in place.  Trying to find out of you can install P5, have it work on some pages 7 Posts but leave others, such as the home page I'm using from Genesis News Pro Them intact - no changes.

Thank you - chules

Andrew

Hey there, 

Best place to get faster responses might be the PL user group on Facebook. 

PL5 can run seamlessly with any other WordPress theme. You can also remove it and it simply restores the default theme look and functionality.