Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Deignan

Lax Parallax?

Bill Deignan

does the LAX extension provide a parallax option? 

janpeeters
57 minutes ago, Bill Deignan said:

does the LAX extension provide a parallax option? 

Hi @Bill Deignan, yes that's why this plugin was developed by the Pagelines team.

Bill Deignan

Thanks janpeeters+. It is not "paralaxing". Is there a setting I'm missing? 

• Similar Content

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Hi,
      I am having an issue with the Lax sections on Platform 5. I can embed a widget or text box into a Lax section which is really neat, but the image in the background (the parallax image) seems to get stretched and doesn't scale in an attractive way.  For example, the page http://ed6.61e.myftpupload.com/#clients has a parallax section with a woman's face  and I thought is would scale as the browser window gets smaller but the zoom-level never changes. Also, the amount of parallax shift seems more dramatic than what we want. I thought that if I uploaded a shorter image it would scan/scroll less since the height from the image's top to bottom would be less. However, that doesn't seem to have any effect and I am at a loss of how to properly control the way the image is displayed within that box. Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions to get me pointed in the right direction?
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • nadielp
      By nadielp+
      So I have a question regarding Lax nested in a container. When I drop Lax into a container I get the sizing and scrolling behavior I am after but if I set a background color for the container that color subsequently "covers" the image in Lax. What am I missing? I have tried a exhaustive number of setting combinations but I just can't get this to show the Lax image "over" the background color of the container that Lax is nested in. Any help (even someone telling me it won't work like that) would be appreciated. Thanks!
      Daniel
    • globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there! 
      I'm wondering if I can and how I can easily make a one page scrolling parallax site with menus which scroll rather than take me to a new page?
      Something like this: http://demo.vellumwp.com/home-pages/one-page-resort/.
      Thank you kindly
      Nate
      PS: my site: http://natemaingard.com
    • joshofalltrades
      By joshofalltrades+
      I posted this on the Pagelines 5 section, then realised that this may be better off in this section. Soz. 

Hey everyone, I'm having a little difficulty making my website mobile friendly. 
      First off, my website is www.joshofalltrades.tech and I'm pleased with what I have done so far, the only problem that I am having is with the mobile version of the site. 
      The main problem is the paralax scrolling doesn't seem to work on the mobile site. It looks really good when used on the desktop version, but on the mobile version the images that act as the background on the lax appear as regular pictures (they don't have the 'paralax' effect'). The two images that I am discussing are the pictures of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs
      Does anyone have any fixes for this/ideas?? I've seen other mobile sites where the paralax scrolling does work, are they using something other than PG5?
      Thank you kindly in advance (: