Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flourishdesignstudio

[Solved] Installed Child Theme, Now Page Editor is Blank and Widgets Have Moved

flourishdesignstudio

I installed the Pagelines.com child theme from the extend section. When I activate it and try to go to the site, it looks terrible! I realized that all of my widgets have moved to different sidebars. In addition to that issue is that the Page Editor is a blank area. Custome CSS, Templates, Etc shows up just fine.

Everything has been updated and is current.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I correct it?

Simon

This topic has been marked as solved.

• Similar Content

• micstepl
      By micstepl+
      suddenly, I have issues (had worked for years now), that, when I VIEW certan pages, the PL-editor (bar) does not appear.  basically the URL does not attach the  ".... ?pl_edit=on" when clicking view. somebody knowing what the source of the Problem is?
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      Hello,
      I need some help!  I am trying to add a Square booking script.  When I add it to a embed section it crashes the page editor and I am unable to save the page version.  I have tried using different browsers with the same result.
       I can add the script on the backend in the word press content area and get it to show and work, but it look terrible.  A page with in a page.  http://www.zoeanastacia.com/booking/.
      I need help getting the page editor to work properly or to make the wp content section to not look like an 90's iframe.
      Thanks
    • Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I'm using the Impulse section for a screen wide image. I'm seeing a funny thing though, whenever I turn off the page editor, all the impulse section pictures disappear.  It has been saved.  Any ideas.  I can send you login links if need be.
      With Editor ON (note, no save button)
      you can see the waterfall image

When I turn editor off, it goes away

Any suggestions?

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am working on a multisite installation and had some questions regarding the themeing options. All the sites will have the same structure but each individual site would need a different h1 font and link color. I had originally thought that I would program/edit the parent theme to have a certain set of templates, font sizes, etc. and then that would feed to all the individual sites where I could activate the child theme and use the child theme to define the individual sites' specific link color, heading fonts, etc. So, what I was shooting for was:
      Parent theme = shared by all sites
      Child theme = specific to the minor customizations on a per site basis.
      Is this possible? Am I misunderstanding how these would actually deploy to the different sites?
    • jagipson
      By jagipson+
      Should be a simple answer but not sure why its not doing this.  I have a child theme installed on pagelines 5 that has a hook so it will write over the theme css. Strange is that when I am on the frontend the code works but in the dashboard your theme takes over my code and its no where to be found. See examples attachments
      @Andrew @Danny