Sign in to follow this  
[Deleted User]

remove Grandchild pages from sidebar?

[Deleted User]

On this page: http://66.147.244.203/~jennyan4/wines/france/ You can see that the grandchild pages are appearing in the sidebar up at the top. How can I stop that from happening? I would like nothing to be there so my normal sidebars appear at the top. Thanks.

Kate

@Nick So, you don't want the "France" category (for instance) listed in the sidebar, but rather would like "Contact Us" to appear first, correct? Have you gone into "Appearance->Widgets" in the admin panel? Please check there, as you should be able to remove the widget(s) you don't want. (If I'm understanding you correctly... If not, please feel free to post back and let me know! ;)

[Deleted User]

It's not a widget I've enabled. It seems to just be appearing on its own. And yes, you are correct, I don't want that to show up there. The only widgets I've personally set up are the contact us and links ones.

Kate

@Nick Hmmm... Well, it is a widget, even if you didn't enable it. Did you double check the Appearance->Widgets screen just to confirm that widget isn't enabled for that sidebar? It will be listed as "PagelinesPro - Grandchild Nav". I hate to ask such an obvious question, but I'm just trying to help narrow it down. ;) Now, the other thing I would check is under "PlatformPro->Settings->Template Setup" that only one sidebar is set for that area. Perhaps one was dragged/dropped at another point. If you see that two are there, then remove the one that's on top. (A similar thing could be accomplished by going into "Appearances->Widgets" and choosing that top sidebar area, and removing the "PagelinesPro - Grandchild Nav" plugin. I know that's a lot of info, so if you need me to clarify, please feel free to ask. Kate

[Deleted User]

For the first one, no definitely no widget like that. That's not even a widget I can choose from. For your second suggestion, I'm not using platform pro. And there is no grandchildnav plugin on my site. Any other ideas? :)

Kate

@Nick I should've looked closer, lol. Sorry about that! I'll check and get back to you. EDIT: Okay, Nick, I'm taking a stab here, but, try this: Under "Theme Options->Sidebar Options" check the box that says: "Remove Default Sidebars When Empty", if not already checked.

[Deleted User]

Nope that didn't change anything at all.

cmunns

In your theme options - custom code - custom css enter this snippet `#grandchildnav {display:none;}`