Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psiencesociety

Transitioning

psiencesociety

My entire site is DMS2. I am no coder, just small business, really small, who manages their own site.

Ive played around with PL5 and really like it, far better than DMS2. 

Question is, what's the easiest way to convert? Do I just switch themes? What will that do to my live site? Do I need to do a complete redesign? ((Shudder)). 

My site is pretty simple (remember, not a coder) ;) but it took this newbie a long time to build:

http://empathicguide.net

I created a sub/dir to initiate a redesign to transfer over (and try PL5), but am slowly seeing how much of a pain that will be for me. Any advice?

John Olsson

I find it fastest to just have the pages side by side and copy-paste... pl5 is so fast that it is a good way to go, in my world! :)

carl

I'm in the same boat... I've been using DMS2 for a couple years now and have 3 sites using it. I've read somewhere that you can run both at the same time but I'm not having luck installing the PL5.zip in addition to DMS2 theme. If this has been answered feel free to pass along the direct link. Cheers!

Simon

Its a plugin, just go to the add plugins page and search for platform and let wordpress find it and install it ;)

carl
On 3/18/2016 at 10:13 AM, Simon said:

Its a plugin, just go to the add plugins page and search for platform and let wordpress find it and install it ;)

Gotcha. I've been thinking "theme" It's installed now.