MissT

Splash up on IE 11 not working

MissT

Splash up doesn't seem to be working on Internet Explorer 11 - no background image is shown and the the text from the Mast Head and Sub Head are shown to left partly off screen / on top of the next section with the website.

Looks fine on Chrome and Firefox

Can give link to the site privately.

I am using WP 4.4.2 and Platform 5 - 5.0.125

MissT

Splashup Version is 5.0.22.

MissT

Email sent this morning to [email protected] with a link to the two sites this is happening on.

Many thanks.

joshkent

I am having the same problem as above. Was there any resolution to the above IE11 Splash Up issue? Note, I have only tested ie11 via browser stack so far (I am on a mac). 

Splashup version 5.0.25
Platform 5 - 5.0.131

Thx! Josh

Andrew

Can you guys post live links and screenshots?

Also, try different alignments and tell me if the problem persists.

MissT

I have removed all my splash up sections because of this issue now as sites needed to go live.  The issue with the loops section having a massive gap on ie 11 that I also logged still persists though :

joshkent

seems to be working ok when I tested ie11 on windows 7 last night. I wasn't able to test different alignments and "window height." But, all looks good for me. 

MissT

Not ok on Windows 10 and ie11 as per my previous emails on this - I can set it up again on a test site if that helps?

Jason

Any resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem.

I am a complete amateur but it seems to be the way IE handles ::after and ::before elements. When these are inspected in IE they are struck out and both Chrome and Firefox leave them. When you change the value or even check or uncheck these elements in IE inspector the section works properly. (See Images)

Any help would be appreciated. I have 2 sites I am currently working on that I would like to use splash up for.

Chrome normal.jpg

ie11 error.jpg

Jason

Any resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem.

I am a complete amateur but it seems to be the way IE handles ::after and ::before elements. When these are inspected in IE they are struck out and both Chrome and Firefox leave them. When you change the value or even check or uncheck these elements in IE inspector the section works properly. (See Images)

Any help would be appreciated. I have 2 sites I am currently working on that I would like to use splash up for.

Chrome normal.jpg

ie11 error.jpg

pehja

its been 1 year now. ant fix for this?

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

pehja

Hm.. not the section. In that case I strongly recommend to make that clear in the extended section. What browsers are compatible with each plug in like they do at Codecanyon. That way we don´t have to waist time in this forum.  Splash up is not that different from Impuls. And Impuls works fine in explorer. It looks and feel the same, so whats so special with Splash up?

I use Mac and are not a big fan of explorer. But what good is it t make a section that is not compatible with the browser that most population still uses.  

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

mtsurgery
On 3/29/2016 at 3:54 PM, Andrew said:

Can you guys post live links and screenshots?

Also, try different alignments and tell me if the problem persists.

Hello Andrew.  Did you find a resolution to the above IE Splash Up issue?  Thanks.  MT

mtsurgery

From a previous post --- but I wanted to report in this chain:

As of today, Splashup is not compatible with IE and there is not simple resolution.  Whether this is due to an internal Pagelines coding incompatibility error with IE or due to incompatibility form other plugins is beyond my scope.  Unfortunately, I learned the hard way when I accidentally stumbled upon my site on a Windows desktop running IE only to find out the Splashup content was not displaying correctly.  Despite making a few adjustments, the only work around was to completely delete Splashup from the Page Editor and use Hero Kit instead.  After a few Hero Kit adjustments and CSS I was basically able to make the content appear very similar to Splashup.  

Another compatibility problem I discovered using Pagelines with IE is that IE will over-adjusts the max-height of Gallery and PostGrid beyond what is seen on Mac Chrome or other non-IE.  Meaning, the max-height of the wrap of the Gallery and PostGrid is over-expressed and improperly calculated with IE.  

The work around fix was to add the following CSS.  It will determine an IE browser and adjust the max heights of the wraps of the Gallery and PostGrid to a normal range.  I discovered that 260 to 300px was about what I needed but others may need less or more.  Now, my site is properly displayed on all web browsers.  

@media screen and (-ms-high-contrast: active), (-ms-high-contrast: none)
  {.mygallery-wrp {max-height: 260px} .pl-postgrid-posts-wrap {max-height: 260px}}

Hope this helps others.