Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dario

Switching PL5 Site?

dario

I've got a testing site (local) using my PL5 Pro (personal) account and I want to deregister it so that I can begin anew with a completely different site.

Is this as simple as deleting the site and starting over? Or do I need to do something at my PL account level?

Simon

If the site is on localhost it will not have used any slots.

dario

Perfect.

Thanks Simon.

tdiaz

On localhost? How is this specified  or determined?

I have dev servers remote and local- as far as I can tell, if you connect with your account, that is there until that site logs in with another pro account, from that same installation. I usually start any site on a subdomain of where it's going to be and then migrate the end result over to a clean install on the intended domain. Looks like that would consume a pro slot that I can't get back as that one will never login again with another account.

Appears to me that I need to stick with one domain for testing, but that doesn't help when I have more than one project going at a time.

I can see where if I could zap the thing off there- that could lead to connecting/disconnecting multiple times to update more sites than one has the allotment for. But if you're handing it off to someone else and for whatever reason, why would you want to do this aside, I can't recover the slot any other way.

Simon

Localhost means local ... In your house local ... Like your actual pic or laptop ..

if you use a subdomain then call it staging and that will also be ignored