Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bscherr

Framework installation troubles

bscherr

I installed the pl5 plugin, and followed the instructions to download framework (found here: https://www.pagelines.com/resources/installing-framework-theme/) and all approaches have failed. 

When I use the 'extend' feature, I get the message "Install Package not available" 

When I go to 'my account' the pl-framework.zip' file is not there for me to download.

So I'm kind of stuck right now. Can't find the pl-framework.zip file, and it appears neither can Pagelines.  I've been using Pagelines on a number of sites for years now, and upgrades just never go smoothly.  Please help?

Simon

Hi Ive just tested both the buttons under the extend page, should be one at the top, and the other under themes. Both install the theme.

Are you sure you dont have some sort of firewall blocking your site from downloading the packages? Some cheap hosts only allow packages directly from wordpress.org.

If you are still having issues please open a ticket using the support link at top of forum and supply me with an admin login, i have a few tools i can debug with

bscherr

I am on a Syracuse University production server (public facing). I  will open a support ticket and pass along a login, but is there a reason that the pl-framework.zip doesn't even show up in my Account page in Pagelines as one of my available downloads? The second recommended way of downloading was to access the .zip file from our account page, but it's not there.  I'd be happy to install it manually if I could access it somewhere.  

Simon

Were not sure yet where to put the zip files, If you are blocked from loading the framework zip, you will be blocked from installing ALL the extensions as well, and we cant just past all the extension zipfiles in everyones account pages.

Can you install locally then ftp the folders over?

bscherr

I am not given ftp access to that server. It is administered by the University ITS team.  I have dashboard admin access, and am able to download zip files and upload them to my installation, and there are no restrictions on any content.  All I can think of is that there is caching on the site, but when logged into the admin interface the cache is not active so that shouldn't matter.  It also connects to my account and activates Pro just fine.  I just opened up a support ticket with a link and a login. Thank you for taking a look.  I've been using Pagelines for 4 very visible sites, one of which is a multi-site at the University for 5 years and certainly don't want to switch to anything else now.

bscherr

I also just put in a ticket with the server administration team inquiring about security settings that might block my access to the content.

Simon

pl5 uses wp_remote_get to fetch extend store data from pagelines.com and WP will try to get the files from deploy.pagelines.io thats the two domains to unblock

Rightly so that a uni server blocks it tho, and good luck getting them to whitelist any urls ;)

bscherr

Thanks I'll try. I'm not a student, and this is needed to run several academic programs so I'm hopeful. I really don't want to move away from Pagelines.

Simon

Here is a list of IPs

162.243.200.34  # deploy.pagelines.io PageLines zip host
94.31.29.96        # wpengine cdn
104.130.169.229 # pagelines.com

bscherr

Thanks, I've passed those on as well. Hope I'll hear something soon.

bscherr

Hi just an update: Syracuse University will not white list Pagelines, so unless there is some other way of getting a hold of these sections (say, a central downloads page attached to our accounts) I will have to say goodbye to Pagelines.

Simon

You cant install locally? Like on a laptop and install them?