Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audun MB

Internet explorer issues with Heroes section

Audun MB

Heroes section acts crazy sometimes. Here's how it looks in IE 11.

56c72d0f1863d_ie-screenshothero.thumb.pn56c72d169e9f2_ie-screenshothero2.thumb.p56c72d1ce01fa_ie-screenshothero3.thumb.p

This looks OK, even though it has the same setup as the one above. Only difference is the hero image:

56c72d969b462_ie-screenshothero4.thumb.p

On the same page, there's another hero section where things act up again, this time with 3 sections. Looks crazy:

56c72ebdbb7ac_ie-screenshotheromultipleh56c72ec2b31b3_ie-screenshotheromultipleh56c72ec76aeb5_ie-screenshotheromultipleh56c72ecab37d6_ie-screenshotheromultipleh

Audun MB

Tested with the inspector in IE, and turned off "display: flex". Then it displays properly. 

Though I also noticed that background images aren't properly resized in IE 11. In 10 they are... 

Audun MB

Using smaller image files is a workaround, but there's still an issue. 

• Similar Content

• dloos
      By dloos+
      ONEPAGE has visual errors in IE, objects do not stay separated, and image elongated on next section.  Any Suggestions?  It is coming up with this error from Pagelines on site. 

• arno
      By arno+
      Site that looks great on other browser, are is rendered wrong on IE: http://foodfunded.us/
      We got multiple complaints.
      The height of sections is way too high. Not sure which section is causing the problem, as they are in containers.
      Or is the size of the images?

While most of us probably don't use IE, it might prevent professionals from getting client engagements with the PL5 tool, if the browsers don't have coverage.

• MissT
      By MissT+
      On more than one website I'm building there is a massive blank space after the content and pagination within the loops section when viewed on Internet Explorer 11. It looks like the loops-wrap section is about twice the depth it needs to be. Screenshot attached.
      Can provide url via private message.
      WP version 4.4.2
      Platform5 Version 5.0.132
      Loops version 5.0.18
      Many thanks.

• Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      This is a boxes section with media at left in IE11
      :
      Boxes with media on top works without issues. 

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Using Version 5.0.72 of P5.
      The images, as shown here: http://www.marinimporten.se/ is good aligned and have normal whitespace as they should on Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
      But in every version of Explorer (according to the client) it shows very funny, look at the screenshot. There isn't any wierd about the css, its straight forward clean from the system deafult.
      So this can't be just me i think..? It's regular "image-boxes" i've used..
      Any ideas?