Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goingnutts

Can Not Update Framework, Plugins and Theme

goingnutts

I have three sites running Platform 5. On only one site, the updates for the Framework Theme, Platform5 Plugin and all Pagelines Plugins will not work. If I access through Extensions, it displays the alert to update. However, clicking on the update takes me to Wordpress Updates where a message is displayed that all themes and plug-ins are up to date. This site was converted to PL5 from DMS, however, so was one other site that functions perfectly.

Simon

Do you still have the old dms updates plugin active?

goingnutts

No, I have deactivated and uninstalled all DMS plugins. 

Simon

open a support ticket and provide us an admin login to take a look

Audun MB

I have the same issue, but it mostly appears as a lag. Takes a day or more before I can actually update the plugins even if Pagelines Extend shows that there is a new version available. Right now I can't update the Loops section to .17 (.15 installed). 

Simon

WP only checks once a day.

Trick to get them instantly is this...

• Go to the WP updates page, not plugins, not themes and not the extend page. The WP update core page.
  • Click the 'Check Again' button once.
  • Now click the updates link in the sidebar again DO NOT click the refresh button again and do not just refresh the page, both those actions will reset the whole system.
  • After one or two clicks of the Updates link in the sidebar your updates will appear.

Audun MB

I knew about the Check again-button. That doesn't help, I've clicked it five times with no results. 

What works is to wait a day or two, and click update from Extend. Then I'm allowed to update the PL plugins (all of them if there are more updates, even if I only click on one plugin). So Loops updated now.

This is buggy, but it works after a while.

Simon

The button in extend is only a link to the updates page nothing more.

clicking refresh 5 times does nothing other than reset everything 5 times. 

I thought I was clear about that in the post above

JudithKlinger

Also make sure your account is still connected. Somehow mine became disconnected & nothing would update.