Sign in to follow this  
extinctionblues

Adding featured photos to posts

extinctionblues

How do I add a featured photo so it will show up on posts on the homepage??? extinctionblues.com thanks for any help, I'm sure this is a quick fix, just cant figure it out.

ericmyers

Joshua, What theme are you using? It should be under the post settings either under the the contact area or in the side.

extinctionblues

Eric - I found it on the right sidebar, I set the featured image, but it just inserted that image into the top of the individual post's page and didnt add it on the homepage. Is there a setting I need to change? I don't want to insert the featured picture into the post, I just want it to be a thumbnail that links to the post next to the preview on the homepage. Thanks, Josh

Kate

@Joshua If you're using Platform Pro, it would be under "Settings->Blog and Post->Post Thumbnail Placement". Make sure the places you want the thumbnail to appear are checked.

extinctionblues

@Kate - when I go to Settings-> in my dashboard it does not offer me Blog and Post as an option. Is there somewhere else it could be?

bryan-hadaway

Okay, so you're using PlatformPro, which version? - In your WordPress admin, click on the PlatformPro tab in the left menu - Then Blog And Posts in your theme sub-options - Then scroll down to Post Thumbnail Placement Thanks, Bryan

extinctionblues

I do have pagelines pro, not sure what version. All the options are turned on for post thumbnail placement, still not showing up.

catrina

To take a screenshot, just take a screenshot of the options and then scroll down to the area not caught by the previous screenshot and take another one then post the both of them.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse