Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wendygordon

Weird Re-ordering of Sections in PL5

wendygordon

I am working on a local host using MAMP.  I have a couple of Non-Pagelines Plug-ins (which I will list at the end of this), and have tested them and have not found a culprit.  I have a weird thing happening:  Let's say I have created a whole bunch of sections.  Everything looks great.  I need to clear my cache and i reload the page.  When the page reloads - some of the sections are in the wrong order - specifically the first section jumps to the bottom and some of the other sections get jumbled up (this happens mostly to sections that are not 12 columns wide - for example: 2 - 6 column sections next to each other, but not contained in a container.  BUT - the section itself did not move - meaning the first section (let's say it is a text section) - is still at the top of the section list, but the section content is displaying at the bottom of the page. 

In order to "fix" it - I scroll down somewhere in my list of sections to where i have 2 12 column sections - i swap them (meaning I move one above the other), and as soon as I do that - the misordered sections find their correct display order. Then I put my swapped sections back into their correct order and everything is great until i have to reload the page again. 

These are the non-pagelines plugins, I am using:

Add Categories to Pages.
Responsive Menu
Show IDs
The Grid
Types

Andrew

I would have to see this to understand what is going on... 

wendygordon

Hey - so now i have tested more - and if i open the page in other browsers without logging in to Wordpress - the weird reordering still happens - even if the order appears correctly while logged in and with all plugins turned off except for pagelines plugins.  I know you cant look at it cause it is on a local host - but is there any kind of diagnostic tool i can run to show you?  This is bizarre - and troubling!!

wendygordon

And more testing.  And - I figured it out.  I think it is a bug.

i made a clean install of wordpress:

I only installed PL5, Framework and some of the extensions.  Nothing else. 

I created a menu, a few pages - the page i am working on is called Services

The first section is LAX - it contains a text section and an image section

The next section is just text.

The third section is Elements.  It has a title, and no image using the Masthead format.

The problem starts when i add the next Elements section.  As soon as i add it - and put nothing in it i save it.  And refresh the page.  Upon refresh, this new elements section jumps to the top of the page and appears BEFORE the LAX section on the screen.  BUT it still shows up in the Page Editor in the correct Order.  

If I now go into the page editor and swap the sections - they appear on the screen in the correct order - then i swap back the sections i swapped and save.  BUT - when I refresh the page or test in another browser - I get the same jumping section problem as displayed in the AFTER image. 

So, I starting again.  And this time, I loaded a bunch of elements sections, texts sections and image sections - but didnt add anything to them.  Then, I added a lax section and started working again.  At some point the field labels disappeared.  So I deleted the page again.  Loaded a few sections again, without modifying them - but not so many - added Lax and this time the "section jumping" stopped -(so far). 

Before.png.9639f984606545f01ae270c981f39After.png.363b84577de3d4816dd47e15628ac8

wendygordon

opened console - didnt reproduce error yet.  but saw this:

jquery.js?ver-1.11.33  Line2, Column 12731

uncaught error: syntax error, unrecognized expression

ga.error @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
ga.tokenize @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
ga.select @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
ga @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
m.fn.extend.find @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
m.fn.init @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
e.fn.init @ jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2
m @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
(anonymous function) @ site.js?ver=163acf:5
m.event.dispatch @

jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4

r.handle @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4

Simon

Thats the entire console output? Must be more than that...

wendygordon

it's live now.

go to services page - you will see first section called SHOW US YOUR LAYOUTS.  but look in the page editor.  the first section should be LAX.

sent log in to you on fb

Andrew

looks like you have a bunch of markup issues wendy... at least 50% the problem is related to that.