Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisayers

Sixteen Lines A child theme/skeleton CSS stylesheet based on Twenty Sixteen theme.

chrisayers

Well It is that time of the week again. This week I have had a lot of fires to put out and new sites to start. Rather than focus on any new sections right now, I just wanted to start learning the theming part of the developer docs. I felt many of our less CSS skilled users my need a push in the right direction. I took the basic styles of Twenty Sixteen theme and adapted them to work as a child theme. I know these is super easy for some folks, and almost an afterthought, but I see it as a stumbling block for our new folks who are used to having this all done for them. Twenty Sixteen is as Simon put it a "Marmot" as in, you like it, or hate it. I primarily used it since that is the theme that most people will have already seen when they first install Wordpress. Anyway... Enjoy Freebie Friday and your weekend.

http://worldwebscapes.com/sixteenlines/

Andrew

Great man! Make sure to SEO it up good so people can find it with Google, e.g. PageLines Platform Child Themes - 2016 Based: 16Lines or whatever.

SEO will be very important, also look for distribution via other channels like CodeCanyon, etc..