Sign in to follow this  
david_hartman

Remove Social Icons + Firebug

david_hartman

Hi Guys, I would like to remove the Page Lines social icons for now and use something in the sidebar.. cleared up the header settings, but the Stumbled Upon icon is still lingering. http://thewindingstream.com/ Also I would then like to adjust the margins a bit to move the navigation bar up- just getting started with Firebug but its not keeping the adjustments I make using the Layout boxes.. it just resets as soon as I leave Firebug.. any tips? Thanks! David

catrina

To hide the Stumbleupon icon, add this to the custom CSS box in custom code:

div.icons {display: none;}
(You can delete this code if you plan on using the social media icons) To move the navigation bar up, paste the following code into the base.css file in the Platform Base files:
#nav_row {margin-top: -25px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

david_hartman

Worked great. Thanks so much Catrina. Any thoughts about Firebug? I want to use it to tweak the margins of things on the front page.. its not keeping the adjustments I make to the Layout boxes.. it just resets when I close Firebug.. Thanks again! David

david_hartman

Well, I think I'm sort of getting the hang of Firebug for this.. Firebug says you can edit these things directly it, but the tutorial from Page Lines says you have to copy over the css. This works but its not a clean copy as they give in the example.. mostly the code has to be mixed around to work correctly... hmmm.. getting better tho.. any tips?? Thanks. David

ericmyers

David, You will have to copy over the CSS to make it stay.